Rat-O-Matic does it again

You mean I'm eating a rat burger?

It so happened that my wife bought some Jennie-O turkey burger patties for us to try as a healthy burger substitute.

I just grilled some for dinner, and as a precaution added some Montreal steak seasoning for added flavor. Boy, oh boy, they were difficult for me to eat. Flavorless and so dry.

Next time, I will eat the patties plain with no bun, and it should be a lot better as the meat does not have enough "weight" to carry the buns.

Ratburger may be just as lean, and gamey too.

PS. My wife suggested that I used the air fryer instead of the BBQ grill. If I did that, it would be even more tasteless.

No turkey dogs, turkey burgers or turkey gyros for me. No. Never.

But, don't put no pork or any beef in my turkey either.

I like turkey and eat it often.

Turkey burgers indeed. You might as well go really healthy and eat tofu-soy burgers.

My wife suggested to make a faux Salisbury steak next time, and a good sauce may help.

I forgot how many boxes she brought home. As we do not throw food away, this is one of those times one needs to improvise. :)

It so happened that my wife bought some Jennie-O turkey burger patties for us to try as a healthy burger substitute.

I just grilled some for dinner, and as a precaution added some Montreal steak seasoning for added flavor. Boy, oh boy, they were difficult for me to eat. Flavorless and so dry.
Suggestion: Bacon, bacon, and more bacon. Plus cheese, some mayo.

In my book, turkeyburgers, soy burgers--they aren't bad in themselves, just don't compare them to real hamburgers. They are just different foods. Like instant coffee--I think it tastes fine, but it doesn't taste like real coffee.

Back
Top Bottom