Re-Introduction - FIRED in 2022

ItsTime

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi All,

I posted a few times in the past years and wanted to provide an update based on all the helpful folks in this forum. Your feedback was instrumental in understanding what to plan for and what to possibly anticipate when considering leaving a full time career.

Quick reintroduction in that I have been in the corporate world for 30 years and DW in a part time role. As of December 31st, I will have officially concluded my full time career and could not be more excited. Like many here, I have decided to move into some part time work as my next phase and will be consulting with a few companies starting in January. DW is remaining part time as she enjoys her job and she is offered medical benefits which we are starting January 1st. To supplement our estimated part time income, our expected withdrawal rate will be 1.5% to start.

Once again, this forum has been so helpful in navigating this decision. Your own shared experiences and knowledge on so many aspects of making this transition was the key to pulling the trigger. Thank you and Happy New Year to all!

Welcome back and congrats! No need to wish you Happy New Year... it's obvious that it will be a Happy New Year for you! [emoji2]

Great going! Yes I too have appreciated the forum for advice also. Like you the folks here weighed on my choices to go part-time last summer - I chose the minimum salaried to retains benefits. Now I let it out that 2022 will be another transition - to hourly without benefits and maybe outright complete retirement - haven't said when and may wait until medicaire/65. Good luck.

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more about your "next stage"

I love it when a plan comes together. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom