Recommended Roth Stock?

Titus, you are undoubtedly a clever fellow. But do you perhaps see a contradiction when one who is well prepared to go it alone picking his own stocks, and who has had a 12 year history of success doing this is also asking lot of people who are unkown to him on an anonymous internet forum for stock picks?

Ha

you bring up a great perspective and I really appreciate it. I appologize for being disrespectful, that wasn't my intention, but rereading the posts from a different perspective I kind of created a battleground. I was really looking for affirmation of particular low p/e div stocks but opened up discussion for other topics and that is exactly what I got.

I think what I should have began with was "I want to balance my portfolio to be more growth/stock weighted, less funds but at the same time appreciate a conservative approach with the particular types of companies I mentioned".

I'm not really interested in funds, as i mentioned we have a great deal already there and am I looking for riskier (somewhat) growth opportunities that are hedged with dividends.

thanks again for the perspective.

the other thing is, I mentioned a couple pharma companies. I don't own anything in that industry and a lot of it is because I am uncertain of it. I think I was also looking more for feedback on that as well and should have directly asked for it.

With that said, LLY and BMY appear on paper to be fantastic opportunities and I more or less was hoping to either find someone who could talke me out of them, or at least try to so I could feel more confident in my move to those companies. I consider my investments to be long term so I tend to move slowly. Afterall, I have the rest of the year and then some to make a move on the IRA's.

I'm going to give you a hot tip without charging you. I am accumulating DGS and I am up already more than 22% since May 21st. This is where the action is at. I made 10% the day of the flash crash, so up more than 30% already this year. It's perfect for your Roth.

I wouldn't touch a stodgy ol' big pharma stock with a 10 foot pole. Every single one of them is a customer of mine.

I'm going to give you a hot tip without charging you. I am accumulating DGS and I am up already more than 22% since May 21st. This is where the action is at. I made 10% the day of the flash crash, so up more than 30% already this year. It's perfect for your Roth.

I wouldn't touch a stodgy ol' big pharma stock with a 10 foot pole. Every single one of them is a customer of mine.

the p/e and yield are promising. the ytd is negative, but over the long haul i haven't looked yet. holdings turnover is lower than industry avg, which is nice in my opinion. They are heavy in finance and consumer goods, that's interesting and if they do well now, I like that foundation for when the economy truly rebounds. thanks for the tip, I will give it some consideration and look deeper.

GE was a favorite of mine for the last year or so. but I'm about as heavy as I want to be in it. the divs are nice I have them reinvest to more shares.

Are you saying YTD of DGS is negative? Since when is a plus 11% negative?

Holdings turnover? There should be almost no turnover.

pssst... Putting $$$$ into a Roth for the long haul, eh? Want something a little edgy? Don't overlook specialty and rare earth metals. I like ABAT and LYSCF. The sky's the limit.
Regards,
anonymous tipster

Back
Top Bottom