Replying to Thanks in the User Control Panel

Major Tom

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Like one or two other folk have commented in the past, every now and again, I check the User CP and see that I have a few thanks, and sometimes comments to go along with them. They're really nice to read and every time, I tell myself that I must check the User CP more often (but I never do).

Is there a way to reply to a comment left with a thanks? I know that I could send a separate PM, but am wondering if there is a way to directly reply to the comment accompanying the thanks, so that the recipient knows why I'm responding to them.

I wasn't able to find a way, but thought I'd ask.

Yes, you can receive a PM automatically with the Thanks message text in it, and then reply to that. It has some verbiage in it so that the recipient would know Your PM is a thanks message response

To start getting these PMs whenever you get a Thanks message:

1. Click on "User CP" on the horizontal line above.
2. Click on "Edit Options" on the left under Setting and Options
3. Under Messaging and Notification, look for Thanks PM Notification near the bottom and check the box indicating that you want to receive a pm notification when a post of yours is thanked
4. Scroll down to the bottom and click "save changes"

Last edited:
Oh this is great. Thank you W2R. I feel bad that the folk who have thanked me and included comments never received a reply or acknowledgment. They probably think I'm ungrateful.

Actually, I'm sure they thought nothing of the sort, but I think about these sorts of things!

Back
Top Bottom