RIP Jerry Jeff Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecfo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Texas country songman and Austin resident Jerry Jeff Walker has passed at 78. Known as the Jimmy Buffett of Texas. Wrote "Mr. Bojangles", sang Guy Clark's "LA Freeway" and recorded that epic live album "Viva Terlingua" .

Saw him live many times, truly an original.

I had read he was suffering from throat cancer a few years ago... Liked a lot of his music.. Mr Bojangels was one of my favorites....

RIP, JJW

Attachments

• IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 26
I became a fan back in the mid 70s with a copy of "Viva Terlingua". Still enjoy the many albums collected over the years. Dozens of his songs became favorites of mine. Too many to list. One favorite is
Listen closely twice and it will become yours.

"Life mostly attitude and timing"

Cheers Jerry Jeff! Thanks

Last edited:
Met him in a bar in San Antonio in the 1990's. The man could "put a few away" to put it mildly. RIP JJW!

Damn. Lot of my favorites being lost. I guess that's to be expected since IMO the best have been around a long time. Not a lot of recent singer songwriters that speak to me. Prine was a real loss. Oh well.

Yeah. How did these guys suddenly get so old?

I was a fan of JJW for a while back in the 70's. He came to play at my college! I was thrilled. We waited and waited and waited as his band came out and played. He finally sobered up enough to play a few songs. RIP JJW.

I think Susan helped him clean himself up . I saw him live 3-4 times in the last couple of decades and he was quite sober.

Can't say the same about George Jones and Hank Jr.!

Multiple posts deleted for political intrusions. It's a shame that happens so often lately in RIP threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom