RIP-Matthew Perry

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Apparent accidental drowning.

Actor Matthew Perry, best known for his role on “Friends,” has died from an apparent drowning, TMZ reports. He was 54 years old.

Authorities responded to reports of a cardiac arrest at a Los Angeles-area home where Perry was located on Saturday, according to TMZ.

The circumstances surrounding the actor’s death remain unclear, although TMZ cited law enforcement sources that said no foul play was involved.

https://ktla.com/entertainment/friends-star-matthew-perry-dead-at-54-tmz/

Last edited:
A big WOW...

From what I remember reading he had a hard life with either alcohol or drugs...

Way too young..

I couldn't BE more saddened by this news.

They think he had a heart attack after returning home after a 2 hour pickleball match then drowned in his jacuzzi as a result.

I am so saddened by this news. 54 is way too young.

I wish he could have found peace in his life. He brought a lot of laughter to the world, and to me over the years.

I feel sad for all his loved ones tonight.

Report I saw said found dead in hot tub--drowning.

Very sad.

Last edited:
Sad. I enjoyed his role in Fools Rush In. Talented comedic actor who had a major substance abuse problem during his life.

So young, and suffered greatly throughout his life, fighting his addiction.

Too young . . .

Matthew Perry helped millions of people with his memoir "Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing" He candidly talked about his drug abuse, family, friends, and struggles. He made a big contribution to our society other than being a good actor.

Very sad and surprising news.

Matthew Perry helped millions of people with his memoir "Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing" He candidly talked about his drug abuse, family, friends, and struggles. He made a big contribution to our society other than being a good actor.

Thank you - I did not know about this.

Sad. I enjoyed his role in Fools Rush In. Talented comedic actor who had a major substance abuse problem during his life.
I liked that movie. I never really cared for "Friends". I didn't know anything about his personal life. Anyway, indeed, that's too young, as is the case for so many.

RIP - Matthew Perry.

His sudden death is shocking.

Kind of like when Luke Perry died suddenly at almost the same age.

This news made me so sad when I read it this morning. He was only a year older than me. I loved Friends and Chandler was my favorite. Could I BE any more sad about his death? No, not really. RIP Matthew and thanks for the great entertainment you provided during your life. You’ll be missed.

It is sad. Though I was not a fan of "Friends", I did like him in movies like "The Whole Nine Yards". He went through a lot in life. RIP.

Autopsy from Matthew Perry's death revealed. How that happened is unknown which makes me scratch my head and wonder how then can they conclude was accidental. Oh well, what do I know? :blush:.

Matthew Perry, the beloved "Friends" sitcom star, died from the "acute effects of ketamine," according to an autopsy report released Friday by the Los Angeles Medical Examiner Office.

Perry, 54, was found unresponsive in late October "floating face down in the heated end of pool," the autopsy report said. His cause of death is listed as the "acute effects of ketamine," with contributing factors listed as "drowning, coronary artery disease and buprenorphine effects."

The report says the death was accidental and that no signs of foul play were suspected.

These levels led the Medical Examiner's Office to conclude that Perry's cause of death was not from his prior infusion therapy — the drug's half-life is just 3-4 hours — but rather ketamine that was taken in another manner. How that happened, the autopsy report said, is unknown.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/matthew-perry-cause-of-death-ketamine/

Autopsy from Matthew Perry's death revealed. How that happened is unknown which makes me scratch my head and wonder how then can they conclude was accidental. Oh well, what do I know? :blush:.
If they have no reason or evidence to conclude it was done on purpose by Perry or by someone else to Perry, then it is accidental. It doesn't mean he received the drugs accidentally but rather that it killing him was accidental.

If they have no reason or evidence to conclude it was done on purpose by Perry or by someone else to Perry, then it is accidental. It doesn't mean he received the drugs accidentally but rather that it killing him was accidental.

Right, "accidental" in this case I think means this wasn't an act of suicide. Sad. Addiction kills.

Back
Top Bottom