Route Tubing For O2 Concentrator Thru Wall

i was planning to drill thru the wall and install this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...-Through-Bushing-White-COAX-BUSH-WH/203717842

on both sides of the wall or use a short piece of PVC to avoid damaging the supply hose. the supply hose needs to be replaced every 3-mos. opinion?
I am not an oxygen expert but I am the one that first raised the safety question. IMO low-volume and low-pressure oxy is not highly dangerous, an assertion that seems to be consistent with the number of people that have not burned themselves up when using oxy concentrators.

From a safety standpoint, @rk911, using the two bushings and just running a contiguous hose through them seems to be really no different than the standard practice of leaving the hose on the floor. I don't understand your comment about PVC, but the spec on that bushing says the hole is only 3/8" so hopefully your hose will work. I doubt there is much meat there that would allow drilling the bushing oversize.

The line of my MIL oxygen concentrator looks like simple vinyl clear tubing. If that's true, you can buy a long roll of it from Home Depot.

I don't see that threading a continuous line through a wall creates any additional fire hazard over a long loose line on the floor.

The line of my MIL oxygen concentrator looks like simple vinyl clear tubing. If that's true, you can buy a long roll of it from Home Depot.

I don't see that threading a continuous line through a wall creates any additional fire hazard over a long loose line on the floor.

the concern is should the tubing leak the pure O2 might concentrate into the wall cavity which could be a problem. should a leak occur while the tubing is laying on the floor the O2 would disperse into the room. the question becomes the odds of the tubing becoming damaged as it passes thru the wall.

Just drill a hole in the wall and fish the friggin tube through it.

Back
Top Bottom