rwdflynavy checking in

rwdflynavy

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

Rich Davis here. I've been over at mrmoneymustache.com and on Nord's excellent blog as well. Happy to learn from the wisdom of the ER folks.

I've got 23 years on active duty as a Navy helicopter pilot and am looking to serve another 4-5 years and then semi-retire and live on my pension.

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service, rwdflynavy.

omni

Welcome aboard(seems strange to say to a Navy guy), thank you very much for your service.

MRG

Hi,

Rich Davis here. I've been over at mrmoneymustache.com and on Nord's excellent blog as well. Happy to learn from the wisdom of the ER folks.

I've got 23 years on active duty as a Navy helicopter pilot and am looking to serve another 4-5 years and then semi-retire and live on my pension.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Our grandson is in the Navy also, undergoing training on the P-3 and P-8 airplanes at NAS Jacksonville. Not a pilot but part of the crew. He won't talk about what he does. When he's finished with this training he gets his wings. Some special designation on the wings like AC? for Air Crew?

Hope Nords sees this post.

Welcome aboard, I too thank you for your service.

Hi,
Welcome, Rich!

I encourage everyone to read Rich's blog:
http://chartprepping.com/

He has a fresh perspective, and it's great to watch a servicemember take you through his final approach. Or should I say "launch"?

I also learn from watching a new blogger try out all the tools that I'd missed the first time around. Rich regularly swaps out the background of his blog with cool helicopter photos that make me glad I chose the submarine force...

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Our grandson is in the Navy also, undergoing training on the P-3 and P-8 airplanes at NAS Jacksonville. Not a pilot but part of the crew. He won't talk about what he does. When he's finished with this training he gets his wings. Some special designation on the wings like AC? for Air Crew?
Hope Nords sees this post.
Thanks for the update, Johnnie! Yep, aircrew wings. That's an important milestone, and it opens up a lot of promotion opportunities.

Damn, I remember when a P-3C was a hot new ASW platform. I still see them doing touch & go training at the Kalaeloa runway while I'm surfing. When I was on active duty we lived in fear of the APS-137 radar and its "periscope detection" mode. Then the Cold War ended and they started doing over-the-horizon surveillance and targeting. But he probably can't talk about those either.

I hope your grandson gets a sub ride. I learned a lot about ASW just from riding a P-3, and he can do the same underwater. Even an afternoon exchange cruise will give him an appreciation for the submariner's sneaky tricks inventory.

Back
Top Bottom