Sam Bennett's Tattoo

Montecfo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Not sure how many heard the story of amateur golfer Sam Bennett, who became the highest scoring amateur in eighteen years at this year's Masters.

Not a big golf fan here nor did I watch but his story is equal parts cautionary and inspiring and has lessons for just about all of us I think. It is perhaps even more relevant to folks who wish to achieve a goal, like early retirement, but find something holding them back. It also has lessons for those of us wishing to inspire others.

Fair warning: It is a bit of a tear-jerker.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/do...-bennetts-dark-personal-road-augusta-national
3693081_web1_3693081-e34224b7fa744dd181d3c3156008e898.jpg

Great story, great quote.

Not sure how many heard the story of amateur golfer Sam Bennett, who became the highest scoring amateur in eighteen years at this year's Masters.

Not a big golf fan here nor did I watch but his story is equal parts cautionary and inspiring and has lessons for just about all of us I think. It is perhaps even more relevant to folks who wish to achieve a goal, like early retirement, but find something holding them back. It also has lessons for those of us wishing to inspire others.

Fair warning: It is a bit of a tear-jerker.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/do...-bennetts-dark-personal-road-augusta-national
View attachment 45744

Thanks, nice write up on our local Madisonville young golfer! :)

yes was a nice story, When he won 2022 Am there was a nice story about the tattoo.

Now if he'd fix his waggle issue ;-)

Yeah I went through a lot of this with both parents - but they were in their 70s/80s. I can't imagine dealing with early onset. A tear-jerker to be sure, but also a story of hope and victory. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I went through a lot of this with both parents - but they were in their 70s/80s. I can't imagine dealing with early onset.

Sadly, I'm seeing it first hand in my family. My 56 year old niece (my older sister's youngest daughter) began showing symptoms in her late 40's. It's gut-wrenching to see anyone steadily deteriorate and even more difficult when it is one of your children. My 87 year old sister, who is still mentally sharp, is having a very tough time dealing with it.

Sadly, I'm seeing it first hand in my family. My 56 year old niece (my older sister's youngest daughter) began showing symptoms in her late 40's. It's gut-wrenching to see anyone steadily deteriorate and even more difficult when it is one of your children. My 87 year old sister, who is still mentally sharp, is having a very tough time dealing with it.

I often give thanks that my parents had enough means (literally JUST enough) to get through their last days. We did all we could until it was clear we couldn't meet their needs any longer. At that point, they went to memory care and, overall, we were quite satisfied with their care. Even at their ages, it was heart breaking. I can't imagine early onset. You dear sister will need a lot of support from the family. Blessings!

Back
Top Bottom