Sherwin-Williams 2022 color off the year

The color of the year looks more of a medium gray than a green to me.

Oh, well. I seldom like the directions colors go year to year. Procrastinate painting long enough and my favorite colors will come back around anyway.

Our last house main color was a dark red with pale yellow secondary colors.

Our new (to us) house is 100% painted in a pale tan/gray color. All the homes on the retail market were painted shades of gray with gray flooring, and they were downright gross.

.. All the homes on the retail market were painted shades of gray with gray flooring, and they were downright gross.

Ugh...gray, gray, gray, gray...so sick of seeing...gray. :blush:

We have always had some form of beige as out "main" wall color. Some rooms will have an accent wall that may be a different color but we stick with monotone. We have had no issues selling 3 houses in relative short order with this scheme.

Looks like our neighbors are up to date, that green/gray color is what is being painted on the outside of their house, starting yesterday! Along with a yellow trim.
It will be pleasant to look at, what was already there from 20 years ago has faded to colors the remind me of something else:sick:

I see a lot of that similar color on outside and inside homes and businesses. I would say almost any other color would go with that light shade.

I copied and pasted that color into a jpg, and it shows up as RGB 149,151,138. In other words, slightly less blue than a medium grey. The green content is almost identical to the red content.

I don't see green at all.

For the record, I just finished painting another room with what Valspar (Lowe's) calls "Blizzard Fog." A very light grey, more of a pale white. I use it because it's neutral enough that whatever else you decorate the room with (curtains, rugs, bedding, etc.) it'll compliment. I guess I'm "trendy."

Yeah, grey is the "in" color. Neither I or wifey like it. Looks "cold"

Put me down as someone who is sick of gray. Gray with white trim. Gray floors with white
baseboards. Gah! It's everywhere!

This Evergreen Fog is basically a green/gray. Looks good, but I'm just tired of it.

Put me down as someone who is sick of gray. Gray with white trim. Gray floors with white
baseboards. Gah! It's everywhere!

This Evergreen Fog is basically a green/gray. Looks good, but I'm just tired of it.

We started noticing that many of the older brick homes in the ATL area were being painted gray before we moved (late 2018). I am not a fan of painted brick, but painting it gray should be a crime!

I'm not a fashion maven, so I never really noticed the grey trend until y'all brought it up.

Now that you mention it, shopping for vinyl plank flooring I found lots of greys but not as many wood tones as I'd hoped. The salesman nodded when I mentioned that seems to be what's selling these days.

That could be the color of the kitchen cabinets in the house my son just bought. I generally prefer more natural wood colors, but this looks really good to me, and he likes it a lot. There are pictures on zillow from when the previous owners bought the house a few years ago and they weren't green, so they were fairly recently painted.

We started noticing that many of the older brick homes in the ATL area were being painted gray before we moved (late 2018). I am not a fan of painted brick, but painting it gray should be a crime!

Totally agreed. Some neighbors painted a perfectly nice brick house mostly black with some accents before putting it on the market. The results were awful and they had more of it painted white, which was only a slight improvement. Six years ago when mustard was the "hot" color, DH and I looked at one house where the entire great room had been painted that color- including the floor-to-ceiling fireplace. :(

I'm on S-W's e-mail list just in case I need to buy paint, so I can get it at sale prices. They have a color of the MONTH and always publicize it.

Yeah, like I'm going to repaint a room with the color of the month.

GM had a color back in the 80's, often seen in conjunction with a lighter gray/silver. I think it started off as either a gray or a mocha type color, but after a few years it would often fade to a hue that looked close to that, in certain lights.

I don't understand painting brick either. I like brick and have some on our home and would never dream of painting it.
Yes if a person watches for the gray tones it really is every where.

I like it, but it’s a little too dark for my taste. I like our main colors to be lighter. Me and DW have no artistic/color ability so picking paint is tough. In our last remodel, we did our best to mix it up a little. Some turned out okay, but I’m about ready to repaint my office. It’s a shade of brown and turned out a little off (look like poo) from what I was going for. Still, we get points for trying.

Outside, our house is brick. It’s a yellow/vanilla hue and looks good with the dark brown shingles, but I would not have used it if I built the house. Thankfully, we live mostly on the inside so while I’ve thought of painting the brick, I’ll refrain from doing so. Personally, I think it’s wrong to paint brick. Plus, why take a maintenance free product and turn it into something that requires it. I don’t get that.

Back
Top Bottom