Should I sell my Princess Gift Cards?

gayl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have 3k in digital Princess Cruises gift cards + 5k in FCC (think cash towards cruise costs). I bought for 3k, received 300 sitting on various 2021-2022 cruises covered almost completely with FCC, I'd get 680 per 1k. So I'd lose $700

My guess would be 2022, especially toward end of year, would be safer cruising.
So, I would keep them and use them.
If you have absolutely no plan to cruise, then I would sell them and take a loss of some, but better than nothing.

Wow.... I thought I was holding a risk.
I have $200 in FCC in my princess account, and $200 in Carnival gift cards.

Are you thinking they are going to go bankrupt, or is it that they are on 2021 cruises and you don't think you will get a vaccine in time ?

I have over $10K sitting as FCC, My sis had booked a cruise in June but the Covid restrictions are so onerous she cancelled.
I am hoping to talk DW into a cruise in 2022.

I canceled my vaccine appointment last Monday as I had to watch 5, 6, & 6 yo grandkids and they couldn't schedule me for Tuesday.
I booked 3 local just to cruise. My cruises are:
Australia 12/21 = 466 due / 350 gifted OBC
2 California Coast 10/20 + 4/22 = total 916.50 due for 3 / 400 gifted OBC
Pacific Northwest 4/22 = 81.87 due / 250 gifted OBC
TA 9/22 = 5105 due / 850 gifted OBC
+ I'll get Shareholders OBC

If you don't need the money and you think you'll cruise again, which it sounds like you will, I would hang onto them.

If anyone is holding FCDs, those $100 future cruise deposits that you buy while onboard, they automatically get refunded when they expire after 2 years.

Somewhat related to this topic as this affect Princess cruises I was thinking about taking to Alaska.

Transport Canada Bans Most Cruise Ships Until 2022;
Move Kills 2021 Alaska and New England Seasons

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5862/?et_cid=3403490&et_rid=151316313&et_referrer=newsletterPopup

There's the answer to our question as to whether or not our Sept Alaskan land/cruise trip will take place. DH were just discussing this topic yesterday. Will book now for 2022.

Cruising 8/15/21 to Alaska. Glad I kept the cards

Frankly I'm more concerned about the airplane and Seattle then I am about the cruise ship itself. I'm going from an area that is 80.9% fully vaxed/5.3% partially vaxed into an unknown area to get to a ship that has 100% vaxed. But I really need to get out

Back
Top Bottom