Shoulder issues - Your stories?

Sounds like good news. Pillows are so important. The wrong pillow can make your life miserable. Keep us posted on your recovery. These posts help everyone.

Yes, they are. At PT for my frozen shoulder back in 2016, the PT told me to elevate my head a little me while I am sleeping. So I added a third pillow to the stack of 2 I had been using since I was a kid. I also elevated by a few inches the monitor I use when using my PC.

When I was playing tennis regularly, I developed what my ortho Dr said was a rotator-cuff injury. To his credit, he told me “I can operate on it, but it will probably heal on its own”.

I opted for no surgery, and it did get better, but I was in extreme pain for a year.... YMMV

Quick update on my shoulder replacement surgery. It's been 9.5 weeks since surgery and recovery has been going exceedingly well. Just got authorization to move my hand behind my back at week 8, and this week I have been able to link my hands together behind my back. That is a key step towards improving range of motion in that direction.

I think my recovery success is due in large part to my surgeon. He does 100 shoulder replacements a year and that kind of experience yields better results than relying on a general orthopedic surgeon.

It's not over. I still have range of motion limitations that will ease over time. I have weakness pressing my hand towards my abdomen, but that is expected and the surgeon's instructions to the PT do not allow for strength building in that direction until 12 weeks after surgery. Nevertheless, I am very pleased with the outcome and am looking forward to further improvements.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom