Social Security Marriage Hump Penalty

I know people that deserve the electric chair that are collecting their pensions while in jail.

Do they have access to that money while they are incarcerated or does it go into an "outside" account of some type?

omni

Do you lose your SS benefits while in prison:confused:

I know people that deserve the electric chair that are collecting their pensions while in jail.

You do not collect SS while in prison or jail:
https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10133.pdf
If you receive Social Security, your benefits will be suspended if you're convicted of a criminal offense and sent to jail or prison for more than 30 continuous days. Your benefits can be reinstated starting with the month following the month of your release.

Pensions are untouchable unless you have to pay restitution.

+1. I pay full price for my individual HC plan. GF pays next to nothing, next to no deductibles. Also, She works 30 hours a week. At her tax rate, she keeps much of it. At our combined even with me Fired, not so much.

Yes, that is the exact source of most of this information, my name on Bogle is PapaGeek and that is my Wiki page and spreadsheet. I just wanted to share the information on this forum with more details.

That is cool, I downloaded the spreadsheet before reading this, which explains why the stuff you posted looked familiar. :flowers:

I'm hoping to be able to follow the instructions for the spreadsheet as it seems interesting.

Back
Top Bottom