Southwest 10x points

Golden Mean

Recycles dryer sheets
My Southwest Rapid Rewards CC has a 10x points deal on purchases made directly with Southwest, up to $500 going on.

I'm thinking of buying $500 in points as I don't have any need to buy tickets with $$ right now.

Anybody familiar with this promotion? Anything that can be purchased through Southwest to get the 10x points that's better then buying points?

My Southwest Rapid Rewards CC has a 10x points deal on purchases made directly with Southwest, up to $500 going on.

I'm thinking of buying $500 in points as I don't have any need to buy tickets with $$ right now.

Anybody familiar with this promotion? Anything that can be purchased through Southwest to get the 10x points that's better then buying points?

I've never heard of "selling" points. Interesting. Sounds like they need cash.

Have you ever had good experience using points with SW? Giving/selling points is one thing. Getting them redeemed without the tricks most point givers pull is quite another thing. YMMV

Have you ever had good experience using points with SW? Giving/selling points is one thing. Getting them redeemed without the tricks most point givers pull is quite another thing. YMMV

A lot of loyalty programs let you buy points. It can help you bridge to an award level when you combine with points already accumulated.

A lot of loyalty programs let you buy points. It can help you bridge to an award level when you combine with points already accumulated.

Okay, sounds good. But back when we were in an airline "loyalty program" there were never any seats available for points ("wait, magically we have seats available - if you give us 3X points!")

Thanks, but no thanks. YMMV

OP - Are you meaning at a Southwest shopping portal ?

If so can you buy gift cards for something you use ?

Looks like you can. Maybe I'll do that.

...Rapid Rewards® Credit Card, on up to $500.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages ("Qualifying Purchases").

FYI any Southwest flight you can buy with $ you can buy with Rapid Reward points. No restrictions.

FYI any Southwest flight you can buy with $ you can buy with Rapid Reward points. No restrictions.

Now that's different! At least different than the last reward-point program I participated in. Of course, all those nearly useless points I had became totally useless when the airline "disappeared." Glad to hear your points are like money!

Ok, sign me up. I’ve had great experience with SW transferring travel credits. They seem very flexible so even though I am in NO MO CREDIT CARDS mode, i think I’ll make an exception for SW.

I use Chase SW points every month for plane tickets, hassle free and only pay the $11.00 or so for tax on cost of tickets. Thanks to the high cost of groceries and gas, I fly every month to see daughter and grandson with points. Plus, because I fly often, I get A list seating automatically and free drink coupons. All good!

Back
Top Bottom