Space Force

When do the aliens arrive?

An interesting factoid - the undergraduate institution with the greatest number of grads who became astronauts -- the U.S. Naval Academy. Three of my classmates entered the Astronaut Corps - Brent Jett, Wendy Lawrence and Kay Hire.

Honestly, I think the Navy would be the best current branch of the military to host the Space Force. They will be spaceships after all. In fact, I think the closest analog would be the US Navy Submarine Force. When you deploy on a submarine, you are in a medium hostile to life - open the door or spring a leak and you die. You are also in confined quarters for an extended period of time, often out of communication with the rest of the world, and entirely dependent on the supplies you carry with you and your own ingenuity for survival.

I suspect there is a lot of competition for space assets and development programs with a lot of overlap. There may be some good reasoning in moving it all to one organization. I think the Air Force would have a problem moving it all to the Navy.

When I was a young boy and had to go to the post office with my mother every January to register as a resident alien, I was always disappointed because My Favorite Martian was not there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom