SSA.gov AnyPIA calc won't work

Flyfish1

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,

I was trying to run a social security benefits calculator for retiring from the work force early but not claiming benefits until 67. The downloadable calc called AnyPIA from the social security website won't work on the newer versions of macOS. Does anyone know any alternative calculators or websites that can accomplish this goal?

Also still a little fuzzy on spousal benefits. Sounds like a spouse can receive "up to" 50% of the husbands benefits. How can one determine what percentage my wife could claim at FRA?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/anypia/download.html

Works fine for us. I just downloaded the 2021.1 version from the Official SSA Site. See link above.

Yes - this is where the problem lies. I have done that and it does not work as I am running macOS 10.14.6

The official site says "Note that this Mac version will not work on a Mac running Lion or newer versions of the OS X operating system. We hope to produce a Mac version which will work on newer versions of OS X, but we have very limited resources to devote to that project at this time."

Anybody have any other resources?

I've never gotten it to work. It installs, then, nada. So I use this online calculator instead:

ssa.tools/calculator.html

Answer a couple of short questions, then cut and paste your work history data from the SSA.gov website.

cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom