Stops on Singapore Airline to Japan

Fedup

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If I play my game right, I might get a first class ticket from Singapore Airline to a Japan. I like the idea of a first class suite and want to experience it. But from what I've read, Singapore Airline also allows stop or multiple stops if you book at least round trip economy.
So here are a few questions? Have you flown Singapore Airline and made a stop somewhere in Asia or Australia. If yes, how many stops were you allowed and how long of a stop?
I'm thinking to piggy back my trip to Japan and see some other countries while on route. Thanks ahead for the info.

I thought the country that the airplane is from is where the layover will be, every time I've flown overseas that has been the case

I thought the country that the airplane is from is where the layover will be, every time I've flown overseas that has been the case
Interesting. I don't plan to stop at Singapore. But I don't have Singapore Airline frequent flyer account yet.

First class sounds nice. But if you end up in economy, be prepared for very cramped seats. At least, that was the case on our Singapore Airlines 777 flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong. Yes, they give you hot towels, etc., etc., but the actual seating accommodation is no better, and perhaps worse, than other airlines.

First class sounds nice. But if you end up in economy, be prepared for very cramped seats. At least, that was the case on our Singapore Airlines 777 flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong. Yes, they give you hot towels, etc., etc., but the actual seating accommodation is no better, and perhaps worse, than other airlines.

Flew JAL from Narita to Singapore (B-777). Coach was regular cattle car, I was in biz - seats were 2+2+2 semi-flat. Assume 1st is the full pod layout. But yeah, if you end up in coach - be aware. :facepalm:

We flew Singapore Airlines Business Class this year and were very impressed by the lay-flat beds. I'm 6'1" and could sleep flat, fully stretched out in the bed configuration which is flat and smooth, very comfortable indeed.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/flying-withus/cabins/business-class/new-business-class/

Handcrafted from Scottish leather and diamond-stitched, our 28-inch seat transforms into a 78-inch bed when you’re ready to turn in. Fully-flat with a cushioned headboard for greater sleeping comfort, complete with linen, duvet and pillows

Flown Singapore Air First Class dozens of times. As close to having your own private jet as possible.

Not sure about recent changes, but something special about being offered Dom Perignon before take off. One trip, I was entirely alone up front and they even opened one of my favorite bottles of wine ($75 retail) just for me at lunch.

Can't answer your specific questions but however you can do it, do it.

I generally look at Seatguru.com to check out specific planes on my selected route and carriers. Our next trip this year is to Singapore via Japan outbound on Japan Airlines Business class, lay flat beds very nice new plane upgrades. Our return is on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong. Our flights to and from Seattle are first class to the departure point for each airline. You should look at Cathay and Japan Air as they have some great seats now in Business. I have flown Asiana, Korean Air, Delta and Air Canada all to the Asian countries and would only have great things to say about Air Canada First class.

Our trip includes a cruise on Celebrity Millenium from Singapore to Thailand, Vietnam and China in a suite. WE believe it is the best way to have a more relaxed tour of foreign ports so we can know where to go back to for a land based trip. If the weather sucks, we generally don't mind with the ship being a safe harbor.

I generally look at Seatguru.com to check out specific planes on my selected route and carriers. Our next trip this year is to Singapore via Japan outbound on Japan Airlines Business class, lay flat beds very nice new plane upgrades. Our return is on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong. Our flights to and from Seattle are first class to the departure point for each airline. You should look at Cathay and Japan Air as they have some great seats now in Business. I have flown Asiana, Korean Air, Delta and Air Canada all to the Asian countries and would only have great things to say about Air Canada First class.

Our trip includes a cruise on Celebrity Millenium from Singapore to Thailand, Vietnam and China in a suite. WE believe it is the best way to have a more relaxed tour of foreign ports so we can know where to go back to for a land based trip. If the weather sucks, we generally don't mind with the ship being a safe harbor.
Thank you for your post. I definitely will not fly Asiana, nor Korean Air. My husband used to fly with those airlines and he was not too keen.
Regarding your cruise to those countries, do you need to have shots? Like typhoid. I'm nervous of these shots, I know, I'm a big CHICKEN.

I was sitting in the Atlanta airport international terminal one afternoon, and saw an incredible sight. It was a line of flight attendants off a Singapore Airline flight dressed identically strutting their stuff down the concourse. They were absolutely beautiful--and they looked like they'd been cloned to do that job.

I've never heard anything but great things about their long distance premium seats.

I flew from sfo san francisco to singapore, changed planes in hong kong. Took about an hour. In return flight changed planes in seoul. This was last year, may have changed. Singapore and their airline are clean and efficient.

Best part of flying Singapore Air in Biz/First Class is their lounge. Be sure to visit. We had very early flight from Spore. Their lounge had a breakfast to remember. Contrast to US carriers is simply there is none!

Thank you for your post. I definitely will not fly Asiana, nor Korean Air. My husband used to fly with those airlines and he was not too keen.
Regarding your cruise to those countries, do you need to have shots? Like typhoid. I'm nervous of these shots, I know, I'm a big CHICKEN.

In general, you would not need shots except for flu and other routine shots. I had vaccines for South Africa, but mostly in case I ventured too far out. I am sure one could consider checking https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations , like Vietnam they recommend Thyphoid and Hep A for most, but it really depends how venturesome you are. Overnight on a Junk boat might motivate me to be more covered, than simply seeing some temples during the day and city foods.

In general, you would not need shots except for flu and other routine shots. I had vaccines for South Africa, but mostly in case I ventured too far out. I am sure one could consider checking https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations , like Vietnam they recommend Thyphoid and Hep A for most, but it really depends how venturesome you are. Overnight on a Junk boat might motivate me to be more covered, than simply seeing some temples during the day and city foods.
I plan to drink bottled water and eat food from the cruise. That's my plan to avoid all the problem, but my husband did have some problem with diarrhea when we went to Mexico years ago, we stayed at a 5-star hotel, drank bottle water, but it was something in the ice that caused him problem.

Back
Top Bottom