Subscriptions?

zaqxsw

Recycles dryer sheets
I've been a member since 2006. I still don't understand my User CP subscription display. I enable instant email notifications on all posts, whether they are a new Thread I started, or just a reply to an existing Thread.

They never show up under "New Subscribed Threads". I have to go to "View all Subscribed Threads". It just seems wrong.

What am I missing? Thanks for any replies!

If you have elected to subscribe to threads automatically:

You are only to subscribed to threads you have posted to.

Unless:

You subscribe to a specific thread (even where you are not posting) via the thread tools drop down menu at the to of the open thread.

:flowers:

Janet, thanks for the reply.

I repeat my question: "They never show up under "New Subscribed Threads". I have to go to "View all Subscribed Threads". It just seems wrong."

I believe I thoroughly understand how thread subscriptions work. I do get notifications when a new post happens, but that isn't my question.

I've belonged to dozens of forums, and even newsgroups in the 90's before they got renamed. Why, when I post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, or just subscribe to a a thread, it doesn't show up in "New Subscribed Threads"?

Janet, thanks for the reply.

I repeat my question: "They never show up under "New Subscribed Threads". I have to go to "View all Subscribed Threads". It just seems wrong."

I believe I thoroughly understand how thread subscriptions work. I do get notifications when a new post happens, but that isn't my question.

I've belonged to dozens of forums, and even newsgroups in the 90's before they got renamed. Why, when I post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, or just subscribe to a a thread, it doesn't show up in "New Subscribed Threads"?

Those feeds are designed to show you content you haven't view yet. The newly subscribed threads list changes as you read content. If you have read all the latest posts to a subscribed thread it will drop off the list.

Back
Top Bottom