Taking Stock: A Hospice Doctor's Advice about Work, Money & Life

kevink

Full time employment: Posting here.
I'm finding this new book by Dr. Jordan Grumet to be the most important ER-related reading I've done in years, and from the reviews of it on Amazon and other sites I'm not alone.

Grumet is both a proponent and thoughtful critic of the ER movement. Given that he's a hospice doctor his insights into the relationship of money and time - and the things we do to "save" and "spend" both - are especially profound, as is his grasp of the way underlying fear of mortality often drives unwise life decisions - including the focus on money and unrealistic ideas of what constitutes "enough."

He was just interviewed by the good folks at Morningstar and reading the transcript of the podcast, or listening to it, is a good way to see if you'd enjoy reading the book:

https://www.morningstar.com/podcasts/the-long-view/172

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation. Since 2 friends just went thru hospice it makes me even more curious than normal

I'm finding this new book by Dr. Jordan Grumet to be the most important ER-related reading I've done in years, and from the reviews of it on Amazon and other sites I'm not alone.

Grumet is both a proponent and thoughtful critic of the ER movement. Given that he's a hospice doctor his insights into the relationship of money and time - and the things we do to "save" and "spend" both - are especially profound, as is his grasp of the way underlying fear of mortality often drives unwise life decisions - including the focus on money and unrealistic ideas of what constitutes "enough."

He was just interviewed by the good folks at Morningstar and reading the transcript of the podcast, or listening to it, is a good way to see if you'd enjoy reading the book:

https://www.morningstar.com/podcasts/the-long-view/172

Sounds really interesting, thanks for the link. Looking forward to listening to the interview. I'm a big consumer of podcasts, but I had no idea that Morningstar was doing one!

Back
Top Bottom