Terribly sad news about Linda Ronstadt

bondi688

Full time employment: Posting here.
I always loved her music. I agree that it is terribly sad.

It's always sad, whether it's Linda Ronstadt or anyone else...or whatever illness. Linda Ronstadt put out some great music, oddly enough she never sounded better to me than in Somewhere Out There with James Ingram - magic.

Last edited:
It is a shame. She had such a powerful voice, too. I saw her once in the '70s at the Roanoke Civic Center. At one point the electricity went out and all the instruments went silent except the drums and her voice. You could still hear her all the way back in the cheap seats.

Hate to hear that. She was always one of my favorites. Didn't realize she was that much older than me.

Oh no! The only good thing is that she has contributed for decades and there must be 1000s of hours of recordings of her voice.

I saw her in concert at my college in the 70's. It was a flawless performance but she never spoke a word to the audience.

Ditto the regrets on this. Saw her around 1973 in KC. IIRC I also remember she didn't have much audience interaction.

So sad to see anyone go downhill with Parkinson's. Love her voice, especially songs like Desperado, Somewhere Out There, etc. I remember her singing some songs from the big band era where she mimic's the sound of some of those older artists. Can't remember what they were. Was one Patsy Cline?

It is a shame. She had such a powerful voice, too. I saw her once in the '70s at the Roanoke Civic Center. At one point the electricity went out and all the instruments went silent except the drums and her voice. You could still hear her all the way back in the cheap seats.
She opened for Neil Young March 1973 at the Seattle Center, which I saw. (David Crosby made a guest appearance. I'm one of the thousands in the crowd you can hear in the recording of "Yonder Stands the Sinner" on his Times Fade Away album.) Boy, she had a lot of hits in the early-mid 1970s.

She opened for Neil Young March 1973 at the Seattle Center, which I saw. (David Crosby made a guest appearance. I'm one of the thousands in the crowd you can hear in the recording of "Yonder Stands the Sinner" on his Times Fade Away album.) Boy, she had a lot of hits in the early-mid 1970s.

Just read Neil Youngs new book, War and Peace and he speaks so highly of her.....great read by the way....he will be very upset...

The major news networks had a segment on this morning regarding her condition and career. I did not know she had a major drug addiction years ago.

The major news networks had a segment on this morning regarding her condition and career. I did not know she had a major drug addiction years ago.

She was a rock star. Not having had drug problems would have been a bigger story.

You have to wonder if the Parkinson's is secondary to small "strokes" related to the vasoconstrictive effects of cocaine on her brain.....

I agree Methead. Drugs and diet both could have led to this.

Back
Top Bottom