Thanks for the CBD tip

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In a recent thread several folks mentioned using CBD.

A little over a year ago I began having pretty severe pain in my fingers, along with swelling and extreme sensitivity. I finally got into a Rheumatologist, who prescribed Meloxicam. It worked great initially, but I just recently began noticing shortness of breath, balance issues, and the final straw was my annual visit to the eye doctor who was alarmed at my change in vision. I looked at the side effects of Meloxicam, and realized I was done with it.

I got some CBD, and in addition to sleeping better. the pain in my hands certainly isn't gone (it wasn't with Meloxicam either) but it's tolerable and I seem to have more flexibility. I also discovered Ted's Pain Cream which I slather on twice a day. (I have no affiliation with Ted or his cream). And yes, I have discussed all this with my Rheumatologist.

So anyway, thanks to folks who mentioned CBD. Just one of the many reasons I love this board. The willingness to share is truly appreciated. :greetings10:

If anything hurts, my wife uses across the counter lidocaine lotion and Volteran Gel which is an anti inflammatory/pain reliever. The combination does wonders.

As a pain management clinic patient, my wife takes some heavy duty controlled medications. The CBD oil has allowed her to get off 1/3 of the meds, and also Klonipan for depression (which naturally comes with any serious pain.)

Get your doctor to prescribe a tube of Volteran gel. It's one of those miracle drugs and may help greatly.

If anything hurts, my wife uses across the counter lidocaine lotion and Volteran Gel which is an anti inflammatory/pain reliever. The combination does wonders.

As a pain management clinic patient, my wife takes some heavy duty controlled medications. The CBD oil has allowed her to get off 1/3 of the meds, and also Klonipan for depression (which naturally comes with any serious pain.)

Get your doctor to prescribe a tube of Volteran gel. It's one of those miracle drugs and may help greatly.

Care to share with CBD oil she is using?

A little over a year ago I began having pretty severe pain in my fingers, along with swelling and extreme sensitivity. I finally got into a Rheumatologist, who prescribed Meloxicam. It worked great initially, but I just recently began noticing shortness of breath, balance issues, and the final straw was my annual visit to the eye doctor who was alarmed at my change in vision. I looked at the side effects of Meloxicam, and realized I was done with it.

I got some CBD, and in addition to sleeping better. the pain in my hands certainly isn't gone (it wasn't with Meloxicam either) but it's tolerable and I seem to have more flexibility. I also discovered Ted's Pain Cream which I slather on twice a day. (I have no affiliation with Ted or his cream). And yes, I have discussed all this with my Rheumatologist.

So anyway, thanks to folks who mentioned CBD. Just one of the many reasons I love this board. The willingness to share is truly appreciated. :greetings10:

I"m curious. How do you take the CBD and what is the dosage?

I have seen the CBD advertised as creams, oral meds taken by the drop, and in a glide on stick form. I have no idea if any of them work of not.

I bought the water soluble 10 mg per 1 ml, and taking .5 ml with a tiny bit of water at night, and .25 ml in the morning. They let me sample the sublingual, and I think I may try that one next time. I got the blueberry flavor, just in case you're interested. It doesn't taste like any blueberry I've munched on. :LOL:

Sounds like you went to a dispensary since you said "they let me sample". Are the same brands available to those of us in other states?

My MIL uses a cream called rescue rub for the arthritis in both knees. Lil Scrapr uses THC form for himself. Mrs Scrapr uses a vape form to help her sleep as a result of her cancer treatments. I joke I'm the only one in the family that can pass a pee test. I'm considering selling some of my "clean pee" to them

Sounds like you went to a dispensary since you said "they let me sample". Are the same brands available to those of us in other states?

I believe so. And as far as I know, you can legally mail order it from anywhere, but I'd research that before I trust anything I say. ;)

Yes, you can mail order from most if not all states. Since hemp is now legal it's used to provide the CBD.

If your not in a Cannabis friendly area many health food places carry CBD products. The only one I'd recommend(not much experience) is Mary's Medicinals. They don't taste great, but they work.

This was covered in the other thread, but it's the wild-west if you're just going online to find some CBD. Some of it is apparently not even "real" (what it claims to be). So brand recommendations, especially those that have independent lab test results, would be a good tool if you were interested in pursuing this.

I tried CBD for neck pain (osteoarthritis) on my mother and friends recommendation. I tried both pills and patch but didn’t seem any change.

Another friend found this stuff called Blue Emu worked so I tried that. Works for well for me.

I think everyone is a bit different so a bit of trial and error is necessary.

DH uses American Shaman CBD. It is a local company, works well, and seems to be legit. I'm in a CBD group on facebook and they have a list of recommended CBD companies. A lot of people on there seem to like Lazarus Naturals (or similar) which might be cheaper and offers samples. Both can be purchased online.

I've been giving my dog CBD for a year or so. When I ask if it works, she just cocks her head and looks at me.

Care to share with CBD oil she is using?

She's been using CBD oil grown and processed by Veterans Grown in Clarksville, TN. He's a disabled veteran that retired at Ft. Campbell, KY. The stuff is taken under the tongue with a medicine dropper. I don't know the strength, but it seems to work better than the CBD oil she got in Las Vegas from a store there.

One problem is that the industry is unregulated. It's like you've got to go to different sources until you find a supplier that has a CBD oil strength that works for you. Of course, you'd start with the weaker CBD and work your way up.

Only now are the CBD stores able to sign up for credit card machines, etc. And they're now able to sell across state lines. Legality is still questionable in some states, including ours.

My wife has been spending just over $100 a month. She's found a source that discounts CBD oil to those with disabilities for 1/2 off. A couple of bottles are in the overnight mail right now.

my take....CBD is like manufactured medicines. I have no idea what it is other than what the seller tells me. I won't waste my money on snake oils or fad medicines. The entire plant is the ticket. the THC, CBD together gives and entourage effect which I won't explain as that information is relatively available. Smoking the flower gives you immediate relief for many things that CBDs alone can't address.

There was a recent article in Golf Digest about some PGA Tour players who are using CBD oil and apparently finding it helpful (pain relief, anxiety, etc.). No names mentioned since it seems to be in a gray area but since there is no THC they don't have to worry about failing a drug test.

my take....CBD is like manufactured medicines. I have no idea what it is other than what the seller tells me. I won't waste my money on snake oils or fad medicines. The entire plant is the ticket. the THC, CBD together gives and entourage effect which I won't explain as that information is relatively available. Smoking the flower gives you immediate relief for many things that CBDs alone can't address.
Do you have any experience with high CBD strains? I was looking at some that was 11% CBD and 5.5% THC. I've never really tried flowers that were that high in CBD.

I contracted chronic Lyme a few years back after being bitten twice and developed neuropathy along with vision, anxiety issues et al.

I recently discovered CBD greatly reduces all those symptoms, so much so that I started my own business to help others heal.

If anyone has any questions re: CBD or Lyme related questions please, please let me know...chronic pain is no way to live.

peace~

Do you have any experience with high CBD strains? I was looking at some that was 11% CBD and 5.5% THC. I've never really tried flowers that were that high in CBD.

no, im not interested in CBD strains as they give no relief for arthritis.

Everyone is different. Weight, tolerance, etc... If you have never tried before I would suggest an oil/tincture. Low strength - say 250 mg to start and a few drops under the tongue for 60-90 seconds.

If you tolerate that, work up to 1 ml (one dropper full). I started with 250 strength 2x a day and just last night tried 500 mg - slept hard and only recall waking up a couple of times which unheard of for me.

no, im not interested in CBD strains as they give no relief for arthritis.
Thanks, I tried some mango haze, it 2:1 CBD:THC. Interesting strain, still has psychoactive properties and ok for some pains. I do agree the whole plant seems more effective at least for me.

Yes, you can mail order from most if not all states. Since hemp is now legal it's used to provide the CBD.

If your not in a Cannabis friendly area many health food places carry CBD products. The only one I'd recommend(not much experience) is Mary's Medicinals. They don't taste great, but they work.

Ohio is one of those still cranky about CBD. It's removed from the schedule 1 drug classification in most states but it's up to each individual state to dictate.

I believe Idaho, Nebraska, South Dakota are also not CBD "friendly".

I have three that I use.
Medicine Farms Dragons topical blend ointment, which is THC based--works wonders for joint arthritis and pain.
Oral: Mama Lous CBD Relief tincture--high CBD/no THC 33 mg CBD per serving or
Luminous botanicals Universal Cannabis Tonic Earth high CBD blend 18 mg CBD, 2 mg THC per serving. Neither one tastes great, but they both work well. I have found the Mama Lous seems to work better for me.

I use Lazarus Naturals online. Couple drops under the tongue am and pm. Seems to work well. I get unflavored. It’s earthy tasting and tolerable. I have the dog strength for my yorkie. For storms, fireworks etc. Lazarus offers a great discount for ppl with disabilities. I have COPD. As another poster mentioned Facebook has a great group and recommends products/manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom