They're Back 20 year Treasurery Bonds

I hope they come out with that 50 year bond they are talking about. Think it will happen?

I had seen an article on Yahoo that some US companies are filing a law suit against China for spreading the Covid-19 pandemic around the world with all consequences. Yet China threatens to dump their US treasuries on Market what could greatly undermine the US$ and Treasuries. Hopefully it is just threats only.

I had seen an article on Yahoo that some US companies are filing a law suit against China for spreading the Covid-19 pandemic around the world with all consequences. Yet China threatens to dump their US treasuries on Market what could greatly undermine the US$ and Treasuries. Hopefully it is just threats only.

And the counter-story is the fed will just print and buy them up... whats another trillion?

Source? There was chatter like this back in 2018 and it never happened even though we went through a bit of a trade war. I see nothing but click-bait talking heads mentioning that lately. Conversely, the click-bait is also talking about the U.S. not paying the Chinese-owned treasuries.

I think the competition / struggle for the world economy #1 position is far from over and we hardly can guess what actions US or Chinese Governments could take.

So they flood the market with supply and the price goes down and buyers get a great yielding U.S. Government bond.... make my day! There is a lot of cash on the sidelines to scoop those up and the Chinese selling at a loss would be the cherry on top.

Only problem is that it will never happen. The Chinese are too greedy to sell at a loss.

Upcoming auction from Treasurery Direct : anouncement date 5/14/20 , auction date 5/20/19

I don't get the threat. What exactly would China do with all those dollars if they didn't hold treasuries?

I don't get the threat. What exactly would China do with all those dollars if they didn't hold treasuries?

That's a problem for sure.

The sell threat never got very far because, upon analysis, it is not in their interests to dump treasuries.

Back
Top Bottom