Thoughts On First Solar (FSLR)

ownyourfuture

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Shares were already doing well, but skyrocketed after a + earnings report this past Tuesday.

Purchased 200 shares 6 years ago today.
29143-albums233-picture2764.png

My gut tells me to take some off the table, but shares are held in a taxable account, which always makes things more interesting.

Anyone else hold it ? If so, did you sell any after the huge move up this week?
Thoughts on the future ?

Last edited:
Shares were already doing well, but skyrocketed after a + earnings report this past Tuesday.

Purchased 200 shares 6 years ago today.
29143-albums233-picture2764.png

My gut tells me to take some off the table, but shares are held in a taxable account, which always makes things more interesting.

Anyone else hold it ? If so, did you sell any after the huge move up this week?
Thoughts on the future ?
I don't own it but my practice is to sell enough to cover the original cost at a minimum or maybe twice the original cost , then keep a close eye on it from there.

I don't own it but my practice is to sell enough to cover the original cost at a minimum or maybe twice the original cost , then keep a close eye on it from there.

Sounds like a good idea!

Update:
Company came out with earnings after the bell on April 27. I decided to sell 15 shares shortly before the market close.

29143-albums233-picture2780.png

The street didn't like the report & shares were down approximately $25 the next day. I was feeling pretty smug.

Shares recovered slightly, & at yesterday's close, were trading around $183
Today, this happened.

29143-albums233-picture2781.png

When I turned on CNBC this morning & saw how much it was up, I was sure they had been acquired. Turned out to be the opposite.

First Solar To Buy Evolar For Up To $80 Mil; Shares Soar Above Key Level
https://www.investors.com/news/technology/fslr-stock-soars-first-solar-buy-evolar-80-mil/?src=A00220

I decided to try & take advantage of the euphoria by selling one covered call.
Hope I don't end up regretting it.

29143-albums233-picture2782.png

29143-albums233-picture2783.png

Back
Top Bottom