Time for a Rechargeable Battery Post

I just spent a good part of the morning testing batteries including the 9V of my remote controls (I have 2 remotes). To my surprise, after about 3 years, the 9V's are still strong.
They were just cheapo off brand batteries that I got included when I bought something (I forget what) awhile back.

With my testing...brings another question. What type of battery tester do you use?

I have two. For the home, I use a simple one that slides up and down similar to the following (but instead the LCD has a red, yellow or green Led bulb. Old but effective):

Sinometer Digital Battery Tester, BT20 - Amazon.com

For my emergency bag in my car I use the following:

GB Electrical GBT-502A Household Battery Tester - Amazon.com

A Tale of Four Battery Testers... in case you're interested

I went ahead and brought out my household battery testers and included a picture of them, numbered 1-4 from my least favorite to favorite. My comments on them below.

#1 - Sometimes gets false negatives. I must have tossed out a good battery a time or two by mistake. Ready to get rid of.

#2 - Compact and opens up to easily test up to D size, but the needle jumps around and takes about 3 seconds for the needle to get still

#3 -Works well but has a tight spring to push forward for D batteries. Might need some jiggling around to get the contacts right for D batteries. Works great for AAA-C sizes and handles button type batteries.

#4 - Simple and effective. 3 LEDs green=good, yellow=ok, red=bad. (I got this from a dear friend and after some research, I think she must have got it as a freebie from buying Avon products).

Oh....I came across this interesting Youtube video about testing alkaline batteries via a bounce test. It does work! I'm not sure on recharageables.

How To Test a AA battery, Easiest Way For Any Battery Fast, Easy! - YouTube

Attachments

• battery testers.jpg
    battery testers.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 7
Dollar Tree has a nice little three LED battery tester on their shelves occasionally. Very easy to use and no batteries required.

Dollar Tree has a nice little three LED battery tester on their shelves occasionally. Very easy to use and no batteries required.

Dollar Tree is my favorite dollar store. Good stuff :D

All of the 4 testers I have also don't require batteries.

That's good, because how could you test them? :D

I know...it always seems like an oxymoron when some battery testers need additional batteries to operate :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom