Time to do the Vanguard transition

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received a letter today from Vanguard stating,
Act now: Transition you Legacy account to avoid fees

Adding, If you haven't migrated your fund holdings off our legacy platform by Sept 1, 2023, you'll be charged an account fee of $25 for each holding.

I transitioned my account years ago, but never transitioned my wife's account.
I guess it is now time.

Off the legacy, and email-deliveries . . .

It was no trouble when I did mine a couple years ago, so hopefully yours will be painless too. You can still hold the same mutual funds, so you won't see a difference.

One thing to remember is that if you transition mid-year (which is most folks), you'll get two sets of tax forms in January - one for the old platform and one for the new platform. Make sure to put both sets of numbers on your tax return.

One thing to remember is that if you transition mid-year (which is most folks), you'll get two sets of tax forms in January - one for the old platform and one for the new platform. Make sure to put both sets of numbers on your tax return.

Thanks for that tidbit.

Please remind my in February :)

I transitioned to Brokerage and still get the notices when I log on. After transferring all to brokerage accounts, there are still accounts with the old numbers but with zero dollars left in them. How do I zap those zero non-brokerage Vanguard accounts? Transition was many, many months ago so I am guessing I missed a step and the empty accounts don’t just go away unless I do ….what exactly?….

I transitioned to Brokerage and still get the notices when I log on. After transferring all to brokerage accounts, there are still accounts with the old numbers but with zero dollars left in them. How do I zap those zero non-brokerage Vanguard accounts? Transition was many, many months ago so I am guessing I missed a step and the empty accounts don’t just go away unless I do ….what exactly?….

You can go to the web page that is in the first link when you search for "close account" on Vanguard's web site:

https://personal1.vanguard.com/cya-close-account/close-account

Log in, go to the above link, make sure the account has a zero balance, then choose the account to close.

My wife and I just changed over to the brokerage accounts this week, (late July). PITA with redoing direct deposits from the various points of income into accounts. I had figured that was included in the change over but noooo. Not sure if it is worth it. But this Old Dog will find out.

Back
Top Bottom