Treasury Direct Delays

I now wish I had never set up any accounts with them......unacceptable delays in my opinion.

Just sold an I-bond & took them maybe 3 days to deposit. The treasuries I'll eventually move over, but not in a hurry to transfer the actual bonds. After that I'm likely to not use them as I've grown to like the Fidelity app / website.

The I-bond info is good to know. Thanks to all who confirmed. :flowers:

I took my 2023 tax refund in the form of a Ibond to get that 1.3% fixed rate. After reviewing the rules for converting it to electronic form I mailed the bond in. It took about one month for it to show up in electronic form. I then moved it to my main account. The process is a bit of a kluge, but it works OK. As mentioned previously, I only use TD for Ibonds.

Yay -- I my treasuries finally landed in my brokerage account -- approximately 32 weeks from the date that TD acknowledged receipt of my paperwork. A shocking example of governmental incompetence.

Yay -- I my treasuries finally landed in my brokerage account -- approximately 32 weeks from the date that TD acknowledged receipt of my paperwork. A shocking example of governmental incompetence.
The last time I called for an update on timing, the person I talked to sounded so hopeless, like there was another I could do about the delays. Hard to believe!

The last time I called for an update on timing, the person I talked to sounded so hopeless, like there was another I could do about the delays. Hard to believe!
Like there was nothing I could do about the delays...I hate when I see my mistakes later.

Back
Top Bottom