TurboTax apology and refund

Hmm, before considering granting this refund, Intuit wants one's SSN... they did not request it before permitting a purchase, gee, I wonder why not.

I noticed that too and decided not to proceed just yet.

I bought H&R Block online over the Christmas break. Its going to be a bit painful entering all the information from prior years returns by hand rather than importing, but once its done its done and ready for future years.
What information doesn't H&R Block import from TurboTax? While I haven't done an exhaustive check, everything from last year's TurboTax return seems to have been imported correctly into H&R Block this year.

I purchased Turbo Tax Premier yesterday. Intuit sent me something in email about 4 days ago that offered a discount on various Turbo Tax products that was good for only 5 days (50% off list price). I think I used Turbo Tax Basic the past 3 years (even though I had a big Schedule D). Anyway, with this coupon, I was able to buy TT Premier downloadable version for $48, including tax, from their web site yesterday.

Pretty soon everything will be in Premier.

More likely, I expect in a year or two they will introduce "Premier Plus," the new version that will guide you through the confusing mess of Schedules A and B (which will be removed from all cheaper versions).

In other words, they are so clueless that they don't understand that a simple, small price change would be far more palatable than their current business model, and would also let them keep more customers loyal.

Do note that this won't work if you are going Premiere 2013 to Premiere 2014, only upgrading from Deluxe.

Me thinks they outsmarted themselves. :confused:
Or not: The rebate is only for people who upgrade from Deluxe to Premier - so that means next year no rebate since you won't be upgrading.

Hmm, before considering granting this refund, Intuit wants one's SSN... they did not request it before permitting a purchase, gee, I wonder why not.
"Taking names" to make sure people don't claim that they didn't realize that they had to buy Premier to get Scheduled D step through, next year.

Back
Top Bottom