Under-Earners Anonymous

Jay_Gatsby

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A bit strange, but perhaps it helps people realize their potential by facilitating the removal of self-imposed barriers. Does this mean that the Starbucks barrista down the street really WILL be the next Hunter S. Thompson? :ROFLMAO:

Love this last bit:

Who knows, UA is so new that there's no telling whether the whole lot of them might wind up zillionaires. Adam, for one, says he plans to earn $50,000 a month as a motivational speaker and sales trainer. For now? He'll settle for growing "incrementally saner."

a-program-for-poor-aholics: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

symptoms of their condition: frittering away time, undercharging for services and neglecting to follow through on new opportunities.
This sounds to me like classic adult ADD symptoms - lack of focus, low self esteem

This sounds to me like classic adult ADD symptoms - lack of focus, low self esteem

So you're saying these folks could probably use a shrink rather than a pseudo-12 Step program?

Whaddya mean "adult ADD"? Heck, sounds more like someone who has settled comfortably into early retirement...

...frittering away time, undercharging for services and neglecting to follow through on new opportunities.

...they discussed the symptoms of their condition: frittering away time, undercharging for services and neglecting to follow through on new opportunities. Moreover, they say they're powerless to control these destructive, compulsive behaviors. They need help from a higher power that can restore them to sanity.
This sounds to me like classic adult ADD symptoms - lack of focus, [-]low self esteem[/-]
Whaddya mean "adult ADD"? Heck, sounds more like someone who has settled comfortably into early retirement...
"Hi, my name is Nords, and I'm a UA charter member..."

I know that this seems humorous - that that these guys are just a bunch of slackers, which they well may be.

Nearly everyone knows someone that seems smart enough, but just can seem to get their stuff together. I've come to the conclusion that a bunch of them are just suffering from ADD. This particular book opened my eyes.

Amazon.com: You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!: The Classic Self-Help Book for Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (9780743264488): Kate Kelly, Peggy Ramundo, Edward M. M.D. Hallowell: Books

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom