Unexpected Money

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
When I left my job, I shifted my 401K from Fido to my other brokerage IRA. I still have other money in Fido and the old 401K showed in my account summary with a zero balance. Been that way for about a year. Last night while checking my account balance, my old 401K showed a balance of $205. What? Something must be wrong. So, I begrudging do the right thing and write a e-mail to retirement administration letting them know of the mistake. Well, it's no mistake. They said it was correct and that I'd receive paperwork in the mail about the transaction. :dance: May only be a couple hundred, but that's a nice little surprise.

I'm going out to buy my lotto tickets now. :greetings10:

Same thing happened recently with DW's old 401k except it was $2200! I got a similar response that it was correct. 'Tis the season for clean ups I guess.

Same thing happened recently with DW's old 401k except it was $2200! I got a similar response that it was correct. 'Tis the season for clean ups I guess.

I'm guessing mine was small because I didn't earn much money in 2019. All I got in 2019 was the balance of the bonus from working about 2 weeks in 2018. Total wages was about $2K so looks like about a 10% issue.

Once found a $20 bill in a pair of jeans that I pulled out of the dryer. And IIRC, the incident took place in a laundromat and the jeans may have belonged to someone else. :LOL:

When I ran a log yard I would frequently find wads of cash amongst the logs. It was bribes for me to measure the logs generously[emoji848]. I remember a conversation I had with one of the loggers, he had placed a $100 bill on the end of his logs. I told him I didn't want it but the guys who were trimming the logs sure would be happy. Somehow it was picked up before they arrived.

Back
Top Bottom