US$ decline - more to come - I think so.

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I think the US$ has more to fall. The Fed is lowering rates while other countries are raising them.
Bloomberg.com: Australia & New Zealand

China's currency and recently Hong Kong's has been under pressure to raise their exchange rates.

The Australian $ is at .92 - Can anyone say parity?

The Euro is at 1.45 - I think 1.50 is very doable.

It probably is important how the dollar declines - orderly or not.

It should be interesting.

I agree that it looks like the dollar has further to fall. (How much farther, I am not sure.) I am not rushing to sell my ~25% international funds, obviously.

Just keeping a nice, diversified asset allocation and watching from the sidelines... ^-^

Yes I've sold off some US mid-cap and bought some EFA, FEZ, VWO in the last couple of weeks. Also bought $100K worth of silver (SLV ETF).

I think the dollar has further to go. Putting my money where my mouth is.

Canadian doller is at a 50 year high to the greenback @1.07. Street speculation is it might go to 1.15 (or more) before the US starts to get its financial house in order. The Canadian dollar was 0.65 as little as 5 years ago.

Must say it has been difficult for me (as a Canuck) to see my US investments (about 40% of my portfolio) wilt over the past 5 years in CAD equivalent.

Must say it has been difficult for me (as a Canuck)

I hope I will be tolerated in asking this off topic question. Your calling yourself a Canuck made me think of it.

AltaRed, is Canuck one of those words that one is allowed to use only if one is one?

Ha

Canadian doller is at a 50 year high to the greenback @1.07. Street speculation is it might go to 1.15 (or more) before the US starts to get its financial house in order. The Canadian dollar was 0.65 as little as 5 years ago.

Must say it has been difficult for me (as a Canuck) to see my US investments (about 40% of my portfolio) wilt over the past 5 years in CAD equivalent.

If you have been averaging in over that time; you will be in great shape when/if the US$ does get stronger.

I guess that we will have to postpone our vacation to Europe indefinitely.

AltaRed, is Canuck one of those words that one is allowed to use only if one is one?
Ha

No, although Canadians feel they own the term as noted by Canuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canadians use "Canuck" as an affectionate description of nationality and the word carries no particular patriotic overtones. A few Americans misinterpret "Canuck" as an offensive noun but would be hard pressed to find a Canadian, French or English, insulted by the word.

I agree with that except Johnny Canuck was definitely a rallying cry for Canadian troops during wartime in particular and still is to some degree militarily. I would not be surprised if Canadian forces in Afghanistan are referred to by NATO allies as 'the Canucks'.

This is great! $2 dollars to the pound.

I've booked a holiday to both St Lucia and New York on the back of this. the New York trip has paid for itself with an ipod, a camera, and a few pairs of jeans (all less than half the price than UK). The St Lucia holiday is 10% cheaper than when i looked last year.

If only i could import a few barrles of gas. Over here in the UK we are now paying the equivalent of over $9 a gallon!

All this thanks to our completely incompetent and war hungry government. :bat: I am sure they sit around thinking up ways to make life hard for the average American and just great for EVERYONE Else. :duh: When will this carnage end? November 15th 2008 probably. :rant:

SWR

The Euro is WAY overvalued right now. And while the U.S. dollar has legitimate reasons for declining, I think momentum traders and speculators have driven it down a lot farther than it should have declined.

Giselle Bundchen rejects USD

She insists that all her contracts be made in Euros.

Mark to Model? - iTulip.com Forums

So, depending on whether you find being on the same side of the market as Giselle stimulating or frightening, this might be something to put into the old trader's pot. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom