USAA Senior Bonus - 40 years of membership

Buckeye

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today, I received a notice from USAA that I have been with them for 40 years and qualify for the Senior Bonus. How does the amount of the Senior Bonus compare to the annual Subscriber Account distribution? 10% additional? 50% additional?

Today, I received a notice from USAA that I have been with them for 40 years and qualify for the Senior Bonus. How does the amount of the Senior Bonus compare to the annual Subscriber Account distribution? 10% additional? 50% additional?

Sorry, not a member, but let us know so we can celebrate with you.

I still recall having enough at Vanguard to (finally) rate Admiral status (Significantly lower expense ratio.)

Congratulations!:greetings10:

Sorry, not a member, but let us know so we can celebrate with you.

I still recall having enough at Vanguard to (finally) rate Admiral status (Significantly lower expense ratio.)

Congratulations!:greetings10:

What I want to know is how it can be possible that I have done something as an adult for FORTY years!!! And is it really necessary to call it a SENIOR bonus? :LOL:

The Senior Bonus amount should be 10% of the amount in your Subscriber Account. Not sure there is any relation to the regular distribution as that amount fluctuates based on what sort of year USAA had regarding losses, etc.

FWIW, this will be my 12th Senior Bonus payout. :)

Last edited:
The Senior Bonus amount should be 10% of the amount in your Subscriber Account. Not sure there is any relation to the regular distribution as that amount fluctuates based on what sort of year USAA had regarding losses, etc.

FWIW, this will be my 12th Senior Bonus payout. :)

Thank you for the information. That will help offset my auto insurance premiums which have gotten ridiculous IMO. We have to keep high liability limits to mesh with our umbrella policy and that part of the auto insurance keeps going up significantly in FL every year. :mad:

That's exactly right. It will show up in February (the regular distribution comes in December). You can either take it in cash or have it automatically applied to your insurance bill (which is what I do).

I received an email today about how I wanted my Senior Bonus paid out. One of the options was 'Retain.'

Does USAA pay the Senior bonus on retained bonuses?

I received an email today about how I wanted my Senior Bonus paid out. One of the options was 'Retain.'

Does USAA pay the Senior bonus on retained bonuses?

I understand the "Retain" option to mean you wish to decline the distribution of the 10% Senior Bonus payment from your account this year. It will be retained in your account balance from which another 10% Senior Bonus will be paid the following year.

Back
Top Bottom