Vegas/Grand Canyon early November?

mystang52

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW and I thinking about a trip to Vegas, including tour of Grand Canyon for our anniversary early November. We are not gamblers, but figure we'd go to a show each night. What can we expect, weather-wise at that time. Enough to do there for us non-gamblers, and/or warm enough to sit by a pool in the day? And, weather at Grand Canyon temperate enough for sightseeing?

You do know that Grand Canyon is about 4 and a half hours from Vegas?. There are lots of things to do in that area but I can't say I recommend basing in Vegas

You do know that Grand Canyon is about 4 and a half hours from Vegas?. There are lots of things to do in that area but I can't say I recommend basing in Vegas

I knew it was far, didn't know 4+ hours. I'll research that aspect further.

I knew it was far, didn't know 4+ hours. I'll research that aspect further.

Lots of forum members enjoy that area and would be willing to help you plan a nice anniversary trip

I’ve a group that has gone to Vegas around 1st week in November for 33 years.

Usually the weather is nice enough to get pool time.

One year we got a couple helicopters to take us to Grand Canyon (think it took less than half hour) and met a Hualapi Indian who took us down the river in a huge raft. Had a champagne lunch and flew back to Vegas that evening. Great experience. Don’t think they allow that anymore.

Closer to LV, Red Rock Canyon is definitely worth a visit. Also, Valley of Fire State Park.

Last edited:
Plenty to do in Vegas for the non gambler, sightseeing, shows, outstanding restaurants, downtown at night, walking the strip or just watching the "goings on" center strip after dark, especially on the weekends. It should go without saying but stay in the high traffic areas, especially after dark. (They have more than their share of weirdo's)

From Vegas, the South Rim of the Grand Canyon is 3 to 4 hours away if you take the southern route, and 6 to 7 hours (IIRC) if you take the northern route (through Zion). You may want to consider staying in Flagstaff and going to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon from there (less than 100 miles)

My most memorable trip to the Grand Canyon was from Vegas up to Zion National Park and then on to the Grand Canyon. It's the long way around but really worth it IMO. Add some time for taking pictures when going through Zion.

Last edited:
I loved Zion better than the Grand Canyon. Lots to do in Vegas as mentioned and there’s Hoover dam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom