Verizon to buy Tracfone

FIYes

Full time employment: Posting here.
Okay this is old news since it was announced a week or so ago. Thought I would post it here since a few members have posted that they use Tracfone for their cellphone service provider. Tracfone appeals to the frugal nature of some of us.

The deal is pending FCC approval and includes Tracfone and its subsidiary companies like Straight Talk, Net 10, etc. it will be latter half of 2021 if/when it goes through.

Currently users of basic Tracfone can be on either the Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile network. I am watching this since I currently use Tracfone on the AT&T network.

This is ironic because I use PagePlus to take advantage of the Verizon network without paying Verizon prices. Tracfone recently bought PagePlus. :facepalm:

I'm a Verizon shareholder & I wasn't aware of this.
Thanks for posting.

The last 4 years, I've bought an Android tracFone on HSN every New Year's Eve. It's perfect for light users like me.

1500 minutes, 1500 texts, 1.5 gigs data, & one year of service for around $120.00 or $10.00 per month. All of these phones used the Verizon network.

If I was still a gambling man, I'd bet a substantial amount of $ that deals like that will disappear if the buyout goes through.

Tracfone has worked well for me since I am light user, but a very variable user of cell phone services. I might use 10 minutes one month and over 200 minutes the next. Over the years it has become a challenge for me to get the most cell phone service for the least money. I expect you will still have good deals for this New Years Eve, but next year?!

Tracfone has worked well for me since I am light user, but a very variable user of cell phone services. I might use 10 minutes one month and over 200 minutes the next. Over the years it has become a challenge for me to get the most cell phone service for the least money. I expect you will still have good deals for this New Years Eve, but next year?!

I do the same and have used Tracfone for years. My average usage only tallies about 5-10 dollars a month.
My wife on the other hand uses her phone all day with her friends etc.
Had to put her on an unlimited talk and text plan with small (1gb per month) data. She currently uses Total wireless which uses the verizon network and previously used consumer cellular,
Still not bad as she runs about $26/month.

I'm a Verizon shareholder & I wasn't aware of this.
Thanks for posting.

The last 4 years, I've bought an Android tracFone on HSN every New Year's Eve. It's perfect for light users like me.

1500 minutes, 1500 texts, 1.5 gigs data, & one year of service for around $120.00 or $10.00 per month. All of these phones used the Verizon network.

If I was still a gambling man, I'd bet a substantial amount of $ that deals like that will disappear if the buyout goes through.

That's how I bought my current android phone a few years ago. Maybe I should look at it again. $10/month and a new phone every year is a very good deal. I typically had many minutes left over at the end of the year so have to purchase service date times more than minutes.

In past years, I have found the best deals around Black Friday. I shop for phone service like I shop for most things. If I know that I am going to need it, I buy it when there is a good sale and don’t wait until I run out. I also don’t like monthly bills.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom