Veterans Day

Ronstar

Moderator Emeritus
Happy Veterans Day to all veterans out there! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

Thanks!

I went with a few Viet Nam vet buddies of mine for a free breakfast at Denny's and a free lunch at Hooters! Had to bring my DD 214 to prove I was a vet!

Two of us were combat, one a helicopter gunner, and the forth a supply sgt.

Thanks, USAF nam vet

Attachments

• 10620665_10205037677081561_4668514199262035786_n.jpg
    10620665_10205037677081561_4668514199262035786_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 6
Thank you!

I am headed out to Applebee's for a free steak after I take the dog for a walk.

It's is interesting how great veterans are treated now. When I was active duty, I tried to hide the fact I was in. Few people one appreciated their freedoms back then, right after the Vietnam war.

I went with a few Viet Nam vet buddies of mine for a free breakfast at Denny's and a free lunch at Hooters! Had to bring my DD 214 to prove I was a vet!

So THAT is what that is for!

I've got the old carbon copy with awards and whatnot listed, and the real purty certificate they were handing out at the time. Which of these do they like to see? Would they accept a picture of one on my phone? :LOL:

(Former bubblehead and nuke instructor; out in 1982)

So THAT is what that is for!

I've got the old carbon copy with awards and whatnot listed, and the real purty certificate they were handing out at the time. Which of these do they like to see? Would they accept a picture of one on my phone? :LOL:

(Former bubblehead and nuke instructor; out in 1982)

Yes...One of our group has his DD 214 scanned and on his Samsung smart phone! ;)

To all vets: Thank you for your service , whether you were in harms way or not. And thank you to those of you who are currently serving.

I am a Viet Nam era vet, though never in a combat situation. I feel almost guilty to claim vet status as I was stationed in Naples, Italy for two years and stateside the other two. I actually found it more difficult to complete the additional 16 years active reserve than the active duty. My Navy pension is small, but tricare is worth its weight in gold.

I find it ironic that my husband was always given paid time off on veterans day, while I was the vet and hvae always had to work on that day.

Our son, born while I was on a Navy drill weekend, will complete his 8 years Navy service this Dec. Where has the time gone??!!

We remember:
"I, (state name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Back
Top Bottom