VG: Why 2 holdings of same fund in my acct?

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
In my taxable brokerage account, I see holdings for

Vanguard Prime Money Market Fund (Cash)
Vanguard Prime Money Market Fund
Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Admiral Shares (Cash)
Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund Admiral Shares
along with single holdings for 2 other funds without the "...(Cash)" holding.

Why are there 2 separate holdings for the same fund? Each has non-zero values, and they sum to what I expect to see, but I really want one holding, so I can see at a glance how much I have in each, rather than having to sum them up. It clutters my view, and it's confusing, especially when I go to look at transactions or other information for a holding, I don't know if it's showing me both listings. I hoped this would be a very short term thing from recent investments into those 2 funds, and the holdings would be merged after a few days, but I've had that Prime MM (Cash) fund since Dec 6.

Anyone else seeing this?
I tried searching Bogleheads and didn't find anything, but I'm not sure I searched correctly.

I tried sending a message to my Flagship rep but the form is flagging an error with anything I put in the text of the secure message field. I tried on 2 different browsers on my laptop. Not a good start to the year, Vanguard.

Likely the margin-able and non-margin-able portions are being held separately until the required holding period is reached for all to be margin-able.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom