Weather App on iPhones

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I discovered a curious thing last evening. I have iPhone 11 and DW has a iPhone 8. On my weather app it showed the temperature as 70 degrees, while on DW's phone it was 66 degrees. We did this at exactly the same time. How can this happen?

I discovered a curious thing last evening. I have iPhone 11 and DW has a iPhone 8. On my weather app it showed the temperature as 70 degrees, while on DW's phone it was 66 degrees. We did this at exactly the same time. How can this happen?

Happens all the time. DW and I have several different weather apps on our phones and we nearly always get different temperatures. Usually within a degree or two of each other, but different.
She has an 11 Pro and I have an XS.
I believe the difference is that most places have a number of different reporting stations and the phone just shows the one they happen to grab, as long as it's somewhat near our current location.

It also has to do with push schedules- we use Dark Sky for example and my wife always gets notified of coming rain showers about 10 minutes before me. Deeply unfair!

Are you both set for the same location? Do you both have location services enabled?

I like AccuWeather. The basic iPhone weather app is pretty limited.

Are you both set for the same location? Do you both have location services enabled?

I like AccuWeather. The basic iPhone weather app is pretty limited.

We are both set to the same location. I am not sure about the location services being enabled, but our Maps GPS functions are enabled if that is what you were referring to.

Back
Top Bottom