Wedding ring too tight

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My wedding ring has been too tight for some years now. I haven't gained much weight overall but I guess my finger has. The ring is made of gold and is unusual in that it has several gold circles linked together.

I've read that "any jewelry store" will do resizing. I'm wondering if there are good ideas on scoping out a jewelry store to do this sort of job.

We avoid the shopping center stores like the plague. When we need watch or jewelry repairs we will only deal with someone who does it on site.

Resizing a ring is a snap. Should not take long.

If you quit wearing the ring, it will improve your circulation.

I've had mine resized twice (up/down) in the last 44 years.

It's a plain gold band with a filigree design cut into the top 2/3's of the ring, with flat gold surfaces on either side.

I took it to a local jewler who is known for their quality (read "expensive") pieces rather than just a mall/chain jewler.

You can't tell where they cut/removed/added to the ring, even matching the depth of the filigree that had become "smoother" over the years.

I don't remember the price nor would it matter since it's been done over the last four decades.

We avoid the shopping center stores like the plague. When we need watch or jewelry repairs we will only deal with someone who does it on site.

Resizing a ring is a snap. Should not take long.

+1

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll find a non-mall jewelry store in our area. A few have good reviews on Yelp.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll find a non-mall jewelry store in our area. A few have good reviews on Yelp.
You want the place with a little old man in the back wearing an eye loupe bend over while creating custom jewelry.

You want the place with a little old man in the back wearing an eye loupe bend over while creating custom jewelry.

That's the guy! I actually knew one of those, and bought my first diamond ring and wedding ring set from him. He tried to talk me out of it but I was too stupid to listen.

Back on topic, since those guys have been working with jewelry since rocks were soft it's an easy job.

Back
Top Bottom