What is the cheapest, relatively good drinkable wine?

I'd vote for Two Buck Chuck. See attached.

snopes.com: Charles Shaw Wine

I always drank this. Then recently I noticed it smells a little like antifreeze, so I have to make a change.

Vinturi Wine Aerator

Anyone try one of these?

I was thinking if it works; maybe just opening the bottle and shaking it a bit might work also
I decant a bottle into a wide mouth quart jar, then pour it back and forth into another quart jar for 10 full cycles. If this doesn't aerate it nothing will. I think it helps a bit, but the effect is marginal.

Ha

If you drink some anti freeze first, then the two buck chuck, the effect is not as pronounced.

Very funny.

But I will try to detect the scent of antifreeze the next time I open one of these Three-Buck Chuck ($2.99 here in AZ).

Recently, I detected the scent of used socks in another brand, but it could just be my imagination.

Anyway, the referenced links talk about "wine glut". This is happening in Europe ("lac du vin" or "wine lake"), specifically France, Italy, and Spain. Also Australia, New Zealand, and South America. The EU has had to buy cheaper wines to distill into ethanol for cars! They paid something like a dime or a quarter for a liter.

Here are some choices for the serious wine drinker

Of the ones listed I only can attest to MD 20/20 by Mogen David.
Often called Mad Dog 20-20 - "[FONT=tahoma,arial,verdana,geneva,helvetica,sans-serif] As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe,"

[/FONT]

Gallo Paisano made me the sickest I ever got in college.

Pommerelle Loganberry wine and Rainer beer was good for a steady buzz but has since faded into history.

heh heh heh - :cool:

Gallo Paisano made me the sickest I ever got in college.

Pommerelle Loganberry wine and Rainer beer was good for a steady buzz but has since faded into history.

heh heh heh - :cool:
I remember the frequent "tours" of the Rainier brewery in Seattle during college. Free beer and not too worried about being over 21 were a great combination for college kids.

Free beer and not too worried about being over 21 were a great combination for college kids.
Maybe once upon a time, but I think the "not worried about being over 21" part is from a bygone era. People can be old enough to die for their country and old enough to vote, and they can't even have a beer legally...

I always drank this. Then recently I noticed it smells a little like antifreeze, so I have to make a change.

Ha

Smelling anti-freeze in $2Chuck might be an early sign of a brain tumor.....

or maybe Chuck causes brain tumors which in turn help you smell the anti-freeze.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom