Where America's money is moving

Wow! Three Texas Hill Country counties made the first 10, and another at #20!

Looks like people are just expanding from neighboring well-to-do counties. San Antonio and counties west of Austin.

Audrey

I can’t put too much stock in this. Here’s a county I’m very familiar with:

No. 19: Lancaster County, Va.
Arriving average income per capita: $40,243
Departing average income per capita: $33,353
Stationary household average income per capita: $34,526
Total arriving people: 559
Total departing people: 451
Top origin: Northumberland County, Va. (84 people)

This county has a small population (about 11,000) and little to draw the wealthy. As of March 2010, Lancaster’s unemployment rate was among the highest in Virginia at 12.3%. The median household income is about $45K as compared to about $61K for the entire state. Not many high paying jobs, not a big draw for vacations, few upscale communities. Nice area, but not where I see the “big money” going in Virginia. IMO, the fact that 559 people with a per capital income of about $40K relocated there doesn’t provide compelling evidence this is where the money is moving.

That slide show has to be one of the most annoying formats that I've ever seen for allegedly transmitting information.

That slide show has to be one of the most annoying formats that I've ever seen for allegedly transmitting information.

I agree. I have mentioned that before. This time I got all the way to the third slide before my anger boiled over and decided the cost in time was greater than any benefit I could ever recieve. How anyone could imagine that reading a paragraph (sentence?) and then waiting for the next one to be released would be pleasurable, I'll never understand.

I know - My Comcast email main page always has something in this format - difficult to understand - but it gives me the impression that Texas and Florida are realing in more affluent people

Andrew Sullivan adds his two bits.
6a00d83451c45669e20133f14920cc970b-550wi

:eek: EEK!
Chiggers, snakes, high property taxes... contact REWahoo before you move here.

That map is way better than the silly slide show.

Back
Top Bottom