Which broker does this

Boho

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm with Fidelity only right now and I read that Schwab or someone allows more kinds of conditional trading, or whatever they called it. I want to check the price of two securities. If security A over a certain number AND if security B is under a certain number, I want to sell x shares of security A and use those proceeds to buy security B. Who lets me do this? Would I need to buy trading software for this?

Actually, it's the spread between the two, with A being higher that I want. It's fine if one changed a lot and the other remained the same.

I used to do a lot of trading and I don't know any brokerage does what you're looking for.

I've used Fidelity and Fidelity Active trader, what was Options Express(thought Schwab bought them) and I don't recall that ability.

I'd look at Interactive Brokers just to see. I knew a fellow who was using the API set at Options Express and adding his own logic like you are looking for. His code checked certain conditions and placed trades programmatically. He told me he blew his entire severance attempting to debug his code.

Boho in the interests of capital preservation have you looked into option trading? CBO has free classes on the subject.

I used to do a lot of trading and I don't know any brokerage does what you're looking for.

I've used Fidelity and Fidelity Active trader, what was Options Express(thought Schwab bought them) and I don't recall that ability.

I'd look at Interactive Brokers just to see. I knew a fellow who was using the API set at Options Express and adding his own logic like you are looking for. His code checked certain conditions and placed trades programmatically. He told me he blew his entire severance attempting to debug his code.

Boho in the interests of capital preservation have you looked into option trading? CBO has free classes on the subject.

I'm not sure that leveraged trading is really the best idea for capital preservation for someone that appears to be still learning the basics...

I'm not sure that leveraged trading is really the best idea for capital preservation for someone that appears to be still learning the basics...

Gets the pain and suffering out of the way first.:D

I may try something with an API like that eventually. I have a programming background but I don't want to take the time to dust it off right now.

Back
Top Bottom