Whitewater

gayl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just booked 8 for whitewater. Had to take a Sunday as preferred Saturdays were sold out. That's okay ~~ will shift everything by just 1 day

What is whitewater?

As in whitewater rafting?
OHHHH! I thought maybe that was it but wasn't sure. Thanks!!

I have not done it, but it is popular thing here in Mt.

Yes, whitewater rafting American River California. This company is very popular as they have on site camping (I'm reserving a tent cabin for me. I don't sleep on the ground. )

Last edited:
If you enjoy it, look at the 2 week raft trips through the Grand Canyon. That was pretty darn impressive.

Did you do that? I researched it but could not get any adventure minded buddies to go.

Yes, we did it in October 2018. Excellent trip. The whitewater was as expected (great), and the hiking and just general geology were also amazing.

Yes, whitewater rafting American River California. This company is very popular as they have on site camping (I'm reserving a tent cabin for me. I don't sleep on the ground. )

^^^^^^^^We don't do that either anymore, thats why we glamp in our 5th wheel now. But if you ever make it out east you should try the Ocoee river rafting,where the Atlanta Olympics were held. We have been several times and it is great. Now days we like the Nantahala river better tho as it is a gentle trip with a few good rapids that we can do with out a guide.:cool:

Looked like some great rapid running along rivers in the Sawtooth Mountains north of Boise.

I’m afraid multi-day group rafting and camping trips are out for us. Norovirus is too common. I can’t imagine anything more miserable out in the middle of nowhere.

In nearby WV we run the Gauley River in the four man boats. Really nice rapids. And the New River.

We did 5 nights with Hells Canyon Raft on the Salmon River in September 2021. Beautiful country and great guides. No cell phone coverage, no roads. We saw bears, bighorn sheep, and watched a pair of hawks team up to snatch a merganser duck out of the sky. A wonderful experience that leans a bit toward glamping I think.

Also did a multi-day on the Verde River in Arizona in canoes. Not lots of rapids but strainers, and we did "taco" one canoe on the rocks. Things are a lot more challenging in canoes.

The Verde River Hot Springs were a nice break.

Just got a call back from them & changed to a 2 night / 2 day rafting. Fortunately I also reserved 2 tent cabins w/ cots so we just need to bring clothes, sleeping bags, & BBQ supplies.

Looking forward to no cell phone coverage

How fun. I've enjoyed the white water rafting trips I've done. Outside glacier NP; Poconos on dam release weekends; Trinity river; rogue river;

It's a fun way to spend time outdoors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom