Wimbledon 5 hrs. 2 min.

First championship 12-12 tiebreaker ever, that was a match for the ages.

Wow, I didn't realize Djokovic has 16 Grand Slam titles now. I knew he had a few, but I didn't know it was that many. They might still be playing if they didn't introduce that 12-12 tiebreaker, like the match last year.

Which tiebreaker? there were three of them. a great match. Fed had a break at 8-7 in the fifth but could not hold serve.

Not only he had an 8-7 in games but 40-15 lead and could not finish it. Too bad because I was rooting for him all the way.

First championship 12-12 tiebreaker ever, that was a match for the ages.
Even with that 12-12 limit it still broke the record for the longest ever men’s singles final at Wimbledon.

Because they didn’t want another ELEVEN HOUR THREE DAY 2010 h3ll of a tourney. Was fantastic final��������������������

In my mind Federer outplayed Djokovic and the stats show that. He had more points won, more aces, more winners, more breaks but Djokovic was clutch in the three tiebreakers. It was a great final....

DH thinks the crowd was on Federer's side more than DJokovic. He said crowd always for Federer, he's the favorite. I disagree. After match, it didn't even look like they were sweating. They both look cool, calm and collected. Love both of them and hope they keep playing.. U.S. Open next month, can't wait. Historical match.

Glad I was at gr-daughter's softball tourney instead.

Not only he had an 8-7 in games but 40-15 lead and could not finish it. Too bad because I was rooting for him all the way.

Me too. I was thinking during the match if Federer won, that would be a good one to retire on. Of course the inevitable question.....'what are you going to do all day' would be asked by the media. ;)

Me too. I was thinking during the match if Federer won, that would be a good one to retire on. Of course the inevitable question.....'what are you going to do all day' would be asked by the media. ;)

Plus by a few people on this site....:D

I had forgot all about it and when I tuned in it was 6-6 in the 5th. Very good match... I thought Djokovic was toast on that double championship point and when he went down a break. I had seen him play in the quarters at the U.S. Open some years ago so was sort of rooting for him even though I like Federer as well. Good for tennis.... hoping to get dow to the U.S. Open.

I couldnt think of a worse way to blow 5 hours. I caught the 13 minutes of highlights on youtube..basically summed up what I needed to see.

I couldnt think of a worse way to blow 5 hours. I caught the 13 minutes of highlights on youtube..basically summed up what I needed to see.

If one is into tennis, then it is enjoyable. Some folks feel the same way about 5 hours of golf.:D

If one is into tennis, then it is enjoyable. Some folks feel the same way about 5 hours of golf.:D

Oh I agree. I love golf, but sitting down and watching 5 hours of it...no thanks. I can barely stand to play a round of golf that takes 5 hours. I like to keep it around 3.5...which is mostly the reason why I rarely play anymore. Too many hackers that take too long to hit a single shot. Whether you suck or you're good, get up and hit the ball. When I see people taking forever, it makes me think of the quote "hold on, let me overthink this."

Last edited:

I agree. If your not into tennis it's very difficult to watch 5 hours of any match. I watched every point and enjoyed it very much but I've been a tennis player for a very long time and continue to play twice a week.

I play golf occasionally but would not watch it on TV for more than 15 minutes.

The Wimbledon final was great and an epic match but the Cricket World Cup Final which was played at the same time as the Wimbledon men's final was even more exciting and epic with so many twists and turns.

In the end, a poor result in the cricket as the umpires applied the rules incorrectly resulting in a draw when NZ should have won.
You would think in a World Cup final the umpires would know the rules of the game.

Back
Top Bottom