Your toys/hobbies ?

Recently acquired toy(s), just back from a weeklong VT/NY trip with wife and the 2 dogs. So far great..... ER in 5 months and counting.... have to "practice" now....

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 28
Recently acquired toy(s), just back from a weeklong VT/NY trip with wife and the 2 dogs. So far great..... ER in 5 months and counting.... have to "practice" now....

I hope you had a good time up here in Vermont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to hear 1) what folks who have ER'ed have for hobbies toys and 2) Did dream of have "all the time in the world" for your interests before you ER'ed and how has it been since you did?

Back when I w*rked, I was into long-distance bicycling -- randonneuring, century+ rides, that sort of thing. I'd go out on training rides at sunrise before I went into work, or bike to and from work (15 miles each way, which back then was nothin' for me). Much of my weekends were devoted to riding. I longed for the day when I had all the time I wanted to be out on my bike.

I ask that because sometimes we think nirvana is to have all the "free" time we want, but then when we do our interests change. Has that happened to anyone? Lost interest, or picked things that you never thought of?

Funny you should ask.
For a variety of reasons, I started losing interest in bicycling. Well, I didn't lose interest entirely, but I definitely became disenamored (is that a word?) with the long distance stuff. Back when I was in the thick of it, I would have killed to be in the situation I'm in now. But now that I have all the time in the world to be out on stupid-long rides, it just doesn't appeal anymore. Oh well.

I now enjoy hiking, and I recently started kayaking. My bikes glare at me when I occasionally dust the cobwebs off them, but they'll get over it. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back when I w*rked, I was into long-distance bicycling -- randonneuring, century+ rides, that sort of thing. I'd go out on training rides at sunrise before I went into work, or bike to and from work (15 miles each way, which back then was nothin' for me). Much of my weekends were devoted to riding. I longed for the day when I had all the time I wanted to be out on my bike.

Funny you should ask.
For a variety of reasons, I started losing interest in bicycling. Well, I didn't lose interest entirely, but I definitely became disenamored (is that a word?) with the long distance stuff. Back when I was in the thick of it, I would have killed to be in the situation I'm in now. But now that I have all the time in the world to be out on stupid-long rides, it just doesn't appeal anymore. Oh well.

I now enjoy hiking, and I recently started kayaking. My bikes glare at me when I occasionally dust the cobwebs off them, but they'll get over it. :LOL:

I used to really enjoy biking before I retired. Like you, I lost interest in biking, but hike and kayak. Now I'm getting back into biking 2 years into retirement. So don't throw away your bikes - your interests will probably change and you'll want to get back into biking.

The nice thing is when your interests change, you can enjoy the new interest. Renaissance people, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom