2025!

Chelhxi

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi,
I've made a few posts but am mostly a lurker/newbie. Thought I'd do an introduction since I've decided on a goal year. Been looking over the spreadsheets of course, and I think 2025 will be my goal. DH and I will be 48.
When I've done rough calculations that's always the time frame I come up with.
I'd like to have a more specific goal in mind, since I always struggle with figuring out whether I'm saving too much money (not enjoying present life enough). If I have a comparison date, hopefully that will help things.

That age also means that we've worked 15 years so far and only have another 14-15 to go. That should be a breeze. Especially since we're making a lot more money than when we started out.

Bit more about me, we're DINKS, no debt (we rent for the mobility/laziness factors), are already about 20% to FIRE, networth wise. Live in Canada, so no healthcare costs concerns. Have modest requirements for spending money. We have a lot of computers and video game systems but don't spend on much else. Usually save 50% of after-tax, but are both back in college right now.

The school thing isn't helping our networth, but a new career is important for DH so he lives to see 48. And for me, so I have options to work for a decent salary anywhere in the country, and potential part-time semi-retirement work. My previous (and currently part time job) is only doable in this one city, that we aren't so fond of.

That's my story. Looking forward to the ongoing support as I work towards my goal. As you all know, not something we can share with many people. Though my father retired at 54, so I'm not completely crazy from my side of the family. But he has a government pension and that's not something I'm expecting or counting on.

Back
Top Bottom