35 Years: Enough is Enough

Dangerous Dave

Confused about dryer sheets
Tomorrow is my 35th year anniversary with Megacorp. With an upcoming pension freeze on 1/1/2020, I've decided enough is enough. Thanks to the advice from lurking on this forum for quite a while, 12/31 minus accrued vacation puts me out the door and in the pasture about the middle of October. Looking forward to it!

Good first post.
Time to live more dangerously Dave.....

Congratulations on making a decision. Maybe we will see you more around the forum? Enjoy your retirement!

Tomorrow is my 35th year anniversary with Megacorp. With an upcoming pension freeze on 1/1/2020, I've decided enough is enough. Thanks to the advice from lurking on this forum for quite a while, 12/31 minus accrued vacation puts me out the door and in the pasture about the middle of October. Looking forward to it!
I sort of know how you feel. I know I have been working since elementary school (parents' businesses) and SS officially has be working 37 years. Yes, enough is enough, sometimes. Everything I do, I go 150mpg at it. Since being on the short end of a company-wide layoff spree two years ago, I still have not found the internal fire to search for another Megacorop job, yet. Also, having attended two funerals since April, the most recent only two days ago of someone who was just 62 years young, has nudged me to consider hanging up my Megacorp suit.

Best of luck - catch you around here.

You've earned your freedom. Congratulations on sticking in there. Now go take a long vacation as soon as you're foot loose.

What a sense of relief, and gratitude you must be feeling to finally make it...Good luck.

Pension freeze was your "straw that broke the camels back".
Mine was "here's your raise but taxes will chew up 40+ percent". I wondered why I was busting my butt getting up at 4am and commuting 90 minutes each way, risking my life every time I was on the highway only to give away almost half my check.

That was my straw.
Congrats to you for making the 35 yrs and having the plan in place to RE.

Congratulations...You will LOVE IT!!!!!

I retired after about 34 years with a MegaCorp , in 2013, and now it's like it never happened in my life!!!!

Now....just make sure you pay attention when you're driving that commute.... Don't want to be daydreaming when you're so close to the finish line!!!

I live in W. PA, so I know you will be happy not to have to spend another winter on the road.....That drove part of my decision I can tell you that!!!!

Congratulations on making the decision. I too have over 35 years at current MegaCorp and just decided to take the voluntary package that was offered. I won't miss driving on icy roads in the predawn hours to get to work this winter. Last day is 6/21/19. Can't wait. School's-Out-For-Ever!

Back
Top Bottom