4 year update

plowking

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi I can no longer add to my old post as it's 4 years old ...

http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f26/like-to-go-at-55-a-46411.html

Here it is 4 year later ,8 since I first found this great site . Last 4 years has been great 👍
I haven't touched the nest egg , been living off the interest. All the 10 year CDs have matured and now paying 3 %.
Will be 62 in a year and 4 months , so SS should make up the difference.
I watch every penny going out and in .
Been able to cut back on electric by inrolling in every incentive they have . Cut back on groceries , when I look at what I used to spend on food I was crazy . Lots of senior specials out there , don't be affraid to ask . My medical care had had 2 bumps since I retired. So now I'm paying approx. 1500 a month. Just glad I had found this great forum when I did , it gave me the confidence to pull the trigger 👍 thank you 😁

Welcome back.
Yeah, lots of deals out there if you are looking for them. Sometimes I am amazed at how cheap DW and I can eat out at lunch time: internet specials, senior days, etc. And having the time to actually shop helps also. (Last week I got a new (no packing box sale) gas stove at the big box store at nearly 50% off simply by asking for an additional discount and telling them I would buy on the spot with the right deal.)

We are also on a frugal retirement-far, far less than the million dollars in investable assets advertised as necessary by many media financial "experts". It can be done.

Back
Top Bottom