Business 45 hr Monthly Work Limit

Wealthday

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, My name Allen, I just turned 62 this Nov. 2018 I work as a Self Employed Courier Driver and with GrubHub food delivery I am considered a Independent Contractor with all 4 Companies I work for, I want to retire and continue to work up to the limit of how much I can make before they take away $1 for every $2 over the aprox. $17,040 limit but the problem I am having is concerning the 45 hour work limit a month for those who run a business, I could go out and get a regular job that considers me a Employee and work part time and stay below the limit. Semi Truck driving is considered Unskilled work from what I hear so maybe courier driving is also considered "Unskilled" or at most "Semi Skilled" and maybe my SS Check would not be taken away in full. Are there any Self Employed Drivers here that have dealt with the S.S.A. concerning this 45 hour rule? Thank You in advance.

Allen

You could defer claiming SS so you would not be subject to the earnings rule. You could claim at full retirement age when there is no limit on earnings whily receiving SS. You would also receive a much larger SS check,

Back
Top Bottom