Join Early Retirement Today
Early 30's and well on our way (we hope)...
Old 07-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe
Early 30's and well on our way (we hope)...

Hi! Have read these boards for nearly 10 years now, and finally decided to register and post.

Quick overview on DW and I:

- early 30's, DINK's (but likely changing that last part in the next year or two)
- strong believers in financial responsibility and the "FI" part of FIRE. As for "RE" - it'd be nice to at least have an option, but it's not necessarily the focus
- Pretty well on track towards our goals (I think) - with no debt (other than our 4.875% mortgage) and ~$400k towards retirement spread between tax-deferred and taxable accounts

Have learned a ton here through the years - and looking forward to learning more!

PSUgrad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Welcome! You guys are doing great

Look foward to hearing more from you.

I purr therefore I am.
Purron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Welcome from another Penn Stater! ('89)
simple girl
less stuff, more time

(48, married; DH 52. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH will fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free)
simple girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets
Welcome! I am just amazed at how many young peeps (like yourselves) have saved up a starter nest egg early in life & are on their way to FIRE! You are amazing & don't you forget it!
NW Landlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets
Just registered (lurker for the last couple of weeks) but I'm from PSU as well.

Very similar story as myself, the only difference is no taxable accounts yet. If I could ask what you invested in that account?
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote