ER'd...and thank you...

Massears

Confused about dryer sheets
So, in short, thank you to the members of the ER.org community…

I’m 57, retired 6 months ago after 30 years of 60-70 hour work weeks (2 different careers) and LBYM. Two kids are happy and launched. And there’s a grandson, soon to be living nearby ☺.

A few years ago, so tired, I started lurking. And paid attention. And listened. And listened some more. And I did the math. Apparently, I had (at least sufficiently) won the game. I appreciate this community; I appreciate the (very) different personalities and the (very) different point of views. I learned different things from different people. It’s quite a group and you showed me how to pull it off.

DW continues to work at a nicely paying job in a career she loves. She could ER tomorrow and we’d be fine, so she’s really just doing what she likes to do as long as she wants to. She can hang up her spikes anytime.

I write, I garden, I cook, I run, etc. I'm here for my extended family. I’m in the best physical shape I’ve been in in 20 years.

Ten years ago I never would have considered ER even a possibility, but the combination of hard work, business luck, decades of LBYM, and the input of the ER.org community showed me it could happen. At this point, it’s just waiting for DW to decide she too is ready..

Keep it up, you’re helping a lot of ER types find their way..

Welcome, Massears! Congratulations on your new life and thanks for posting to remind all of us that what we say here really does make a difference (even to the lurkers). I lurked off-and-on for a year or so before joining and being able to ask questions and be reassured about my plans made all the difference for me.

So to you lurkers out there - don't be afraid to join, we don't bite!

I lurked for years before joining.

Congrats and welcome.

Back
Top Bottom