First Post-Intro

Kaufmanrider

Recycles dryer sheets
48 year old Federal employee (almost 49 :)). Eligible to retire June 5, but will stay until the end of the year.

Special retirement for LEO/FF/ATC, 25 years at any age, or after 20 years at age 50. Bought back 5 1/2 years military, with my sick leave I will be credited with 32 years gov. service. :D

Kids grown, monthly retirement income will exceed monthly bills. I will remain in the Federal Health Insurance program. COLA's, yes. Plus I might just take some 72T distributions from my TSP (401K) to have some emergency cash. I'll decide after I am retired and I see how things work out.

I would try to not take any distributions from your 72T. Wait and see how things work out then adjust some of your fun money or not really needed stuff. Either way congrats, after hustling and working for all that time your day is finally here.

Walter

48 year old Federal employee (almost 49 :)). Eligible to retire June 5, but will stay until the end of the year.

Special retirement for LEO/FF/ATC, 25 years at any age, or after 20 years at age 50. Bought back 5 1/2 years military, with my sick leave I will be credited with 32 years gov. service. :D

Kids grown, monthly retirement income will exceed monthly bills. I will remain in the Federal Health Insurance program. COLA's, yes. Plus I might just take some 72T distributions from my TSP (401K) to have some emergency cash. I'll decide after I am retired and I see how things work out.

Green with envy!!!! Welcome to the board!

Welcome and great job. Persistence pays off. Enjoy.

So nice! FI and not even 50 is just so cool!

Congrats and thanks for your service!

Back
Top Bottom